Sign in to follow this  
JenRose

R has an operation on 11th of August

R is having her tonsils and adenoids out and grommits put in on 11th August, its an overnight stay.

she has communication problems so im thinking how i can prepare her.

i have a book that we use with Mike whenever he has to go to hospital that a very kind person sent me,

but its too detailed for R as she,s only 3.

i phoned the hospital and they are arranging a visit for us a couple of days before but i still need to prepare her.

To be honest im dreading it cos the last time she was there she was a nightmare.

psych said get her a book i think topsy and tim do something hahaha think he,s behind a few years!!!!!

does anyone know of a book or anything that i could use.

Thanks

JR,

Awwwww bless her, poor little mite.

At least I suppose the hospital are arranging a pre visit, not sure about Topsy & Tim, my goodness they where around when I was a kid !

Sorry don't have any ideas, but send my best wishes for a smooth running time in hospital for you and your wee one.

Clare x x x

R is having her tonsils and adenoids out and grommits put in on 11th August, its an overnight stay.

she has communication problems so im thinking how i can prepare her.

i have a book that we use with Mike whenever he has to go to hospital that a very kind person sent me,

but its too detailed for R as she,s only 3.

i phoned the hospital and they are arranging a visit for us a couple of days before but i still need to prepare her.

To be honest im dreading it cos the last time she was there she was a nightmare.

psych said get her a book i think topsy and tim do something hahaha think he,s behind a few years!!!!!

does anyone know of a book or anything that i could use.

Thanks

Hi Jen,

You should ask the paediatric ward at the hopsital if they have anything... they often do.

Flora

OMG my son is having the same thing done on 16th August. He has just turned 4 but doesn't have any idea, he doesn't underdstand. They will admit us the day before the op and then stay the night after the op as well, so 2 night and 3 days :( I am dreading it! Please let me know how your daughter is doing so I know what is to come. {HUGS} I'll be thinking of you.

This is a lovely book and the little boy is having an ear op!!!!

hospital

(got it at Waterstones)

Good luck for the 11th!

A x

wierd shans having her adenoids and tonsills out and gromits put in. on the 23rd aug and reece had it done wen he was a baby didnt realise it is such a popular op on childrenxxxxxxxxxxx goodluck everyonexxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

My YS had his tonsils done last August aged 7. He was in for just 1 night ... we arrived at 9am after no breakfast at home. His operation was about 3pm and then we both stayed in over-night and were discharged about 11am the next day.

I slept on a camp bed beside his bed.

DH's view was that YS should have managed without me - mainly because he had a similar op when he was about 3 and nobody stayed with him! (40 years ago) :wallbash:

Ys did have a sore throat after... he would only take Ibrofen or calpol he wouldn't let them give the stronger painkillers post-op because the liquid was too 'yukky'. He didn't mind his special spray though which was a can of local anaethetic spray for his throat.

He loved the fact that he travelled to the operating theatre by electric car - it was even yellow (his favourite colour).

Louise