Sign in to follow this  
pixie

Staying Logged In

Every time I come to the forum I have to log in again.

How can I stay logged in all the time like on other forums I visit please?

Every time I come to the forum I have to log in again.

How can I stay logged in all the time like on other forums I visit please?

I can't believe I'm replying to a query in the techie section!

When you log in, there should be two little boxes on the right hand side of your log in. One of them says 'Remember me' If that box is ticked, you are logged in automatically every time you visit.

If you can't see it the first time, go to one of the forums and try to answer someone's post. It will tell you that you can't unless your logged in. When you log in at that point, the two boxes will be there.

I can't believe I'm replying to a query in the techie section!

Bard!!! Are you feeling ok?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And a signature too!!! My oh my . . . (I'll just make sure I take the right kind of joy in this . . . :lol: :lol:)

Edited by Mumble

it could be that you've ticked the boxes but still not logging in, this could be a somthing like an adaware, spyware, problem or even somthing to do with your cookie settings

if you have a spybot and adaware programme try running that and check your cookies are set to medium

it could be that you've ticked the boxes but still not logging in, this could be a somthing like an adaware, spyware, problem or even somthing to do with your cookie settings

if you have a spybot and adaware programme try running that and check your cookies are set to medium

Oooer...

Hi pixie :)

This has been a recurring theme ever since the last forum upgrade.... this link offers some suggestions for 'fixes', but they don't seem to work for everyone (me included)

I think this MAY have something to do with 'dynamic IP addresses' that some internet providers now use... Basically, every pc used to have it's own 'fixed' IP address, and this enables the board to recognise it. With increasing broadband traffic, lots of providers (mine included) now use a block of IP addresses which are allocated as and when, which means the IP address is no longer 'unique' to your log-in details.

Try the work arounds in this thread:

http://www.asd-forum.org.uk/forum/index.ph...ic=12871&hl

But if they don't work you'll probably find you're stuck with it for a while :(

L&P

BD :D

*goes to google MUDITA*

Thanks Bard I've learned a new word today :notworthy:

I got irritated with some people who were complaining about their out-of-control, over-sexualised and demanding teenagers. Someone else tried to make the point that they were building a positive relationship with their children, to try and lay a good foundation for their future teenage years and she got shot down.

It sometimes seems as if some parents are only happy when playing the 'aren't they awful, can't be trusted card' ...and looking at other people's difficulties with relish. Perhaps it's so they don't feel alone but it annoyed me.

I have a great teenager who is trustworthy and wonderful, and sensible and mature. I like a lot of her friends too, and it doesn't seem to be fashionable to say that teens are great. I love the way that you talk about JP.

It certainly doesn't make exciting news stories, 'Teen no problem,' says parent.

So I wondered what the opposite of Schadenfreude was.

I got irritated with some people who were complaining about their out-of-control, over-sexualised and demanding teenagers. Someone else tried to make the point that they were building a positive relationship with their children, to try and lay a good foundation for their future teenage years and she got shot down.

It sometimes seems as if some parents are only happy when playing the 'aren't they awful, can't be trusted card' ...and looking at other people's difficulties with relish. Perhaps it's so they don't feel alone but it annoyed me.

I have a great teenager who is trustworthy and wonderful, and sensible and mature. I like a lot of her friends too, and it doesn't seem to be fashionable to say that teens are great. I love the way that you talk about JP.

It certainly doesn't make exciting news stories, 'Teen no problem,' says parent.

So I wondered what the opposite of Schadenfreude was.

Well I've had my "moments" with both of mine, one NT, one AS, but generally they are pretty good, as are most of their friends. Its other peoples feral teens I can't be doing with, see my neighbours thread for the whole grisly saga of Next Doors Boys *shudders*. I know which kind of teen I prefer.

I must add, these people are nothing to do with our wonderful, supportive and positive-thinking forum.

>:D<<'> to all of you!

Thanks for all the suggestions. Nothing has worked I'm afraid so I will just wait and see if it fixes itself.

Memo to self to write down my password because I don't want to forget and get locked out.