Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

Dreams

DH and I both had really strange dreams last night......dread to think the meaning behind them. He dreamt our entire family (including those who have died) were zombies trying to get into the house to eat us :o Apparantly one of our neighbours tried to help us, and DH's brother leap over the fence and ate him :huh: DH called 999, and the 2 police officers turned up, who were also zombies :blink: So, we were surrounded apparantly, trying to stop the kids looking out the windows at the dead rellies :hypno:

I dreamt I was on the Titanic :( It was sinking, and I couldn't find youngest dd, and I was slowly drowning..... all I could hear was her voice calling out for me, and I knew we were doomed :tearful:

Wonder what a therapist would make of us two eh? :hypno:

Sounds as though you have ODed on Chocolate ......is that a possibility??

Other than that no advise - Sorry.

Louise

Me thinks it's probably abit of choccy od Louise and abit of DH's love of zombies and dislike of family :lol::shame::lol:

As for mine..........hope the Titanic theme isn't a subconscious phobia of boats now I've booked our ferry..........but more likely complete and utter choccy od :eat:

Me thinks it's probably abit of choccy od Louise and abit of DH's love of zombies and dislike of family :lol::shame::lol:

As for mine..........hope the Titanic theme isn't a subconscious phobia of boats now I've booked our ferry..........but more likely complete and utter choccy od :eat:

What a bit like the father's 'Dream' in 'Fiddler on the Roof'???

When are you going on the ferry? Going anywhere interesting?

Louise

It will be yes. I've had to dig myself out of a very large hole after our planned holiday to Spain in October was cancelled due to my phobia of flying........sooooo, I'm hoping Holland and a boat will suffice :thumbs: They all seem excited, so think it's worked :)

I've never been scared of flying - but then I cheated flew To Malaysia when I was only 2!(Father is retired army)

BP,

According to one of my dream guide books, the Zombie/family dream could relate to the yearning for the comfort of childhood (family bit) and seeking to take control over your life (Zombie bit).

Now the titanic one......well appparetnly to dream of a ship is seen as a phallic symbol, oh dear don't think i can go into this too much as the outcome is in relation to the size of the vessel and where or not its being tossed about in rough seas !!!!!! now drowning relates to uncomfortable thoughts form the sub conscious we are not ready to bring to the surface and your daughter being the child in the dream relates to aspects of your current self, such as feelings of vulnerability and innocence..... oh er !!!! well the book is a Freudian view

Load of old hog wash really, I always thought dreams were our brains getting rid of the unanted and irrelevant information we have picked up during the day..... fun though to try and anaylise LOL

Clare x x x

BP,

According to one of my dream guide books, the Zombie/family dream could relate to the yearning for the comfort of childhood (family bit) and seeking to take control over your life (Zombie bit).

Now the titanic one......well appparetnly to dream of a ship is seen as a phallic symbol, oh dear don't think i can go into this too much as the outcome is in relation to the size of the vessel and where or not its being tossed about in rough seas !!!!!! now drowning relates to uncomfortable thoughts form the sub conscious we are not ready to bring to the surface and your daughter being the child in the dream relates to aspects of your current self, such as feelings of vulnerability and innocence..... oh er !!!! well the book is a Freudian view

Load of old hog wash really, I always thought dreams were our brains getting rid of the unanted and irrelevant information we have picked up during the day..... fun though to try and anaylise LOL

Clare x x x

You mean I'm having naughty dreams? :lol::lol: See, dwelling too much on Mr Nesbitt :oops:

I never normally remember my dreams, but since I started the AD's in November I have really vivid dreams. Had a rather nice one last night....but that's between me and Mr JD :P

Hi, im Joe (Lisas son) did you have cheese for supper or anytime before bed bagpuss?? because 4 some strange reason cheese can make nightmares, dont ask me why!!!! i

I think it was all a throw back to the isle of sheppey...

For 'zombies' think 'swampees' (that's what the locals like to call themselves) + fate worse than death...

Then the Titanic/drowning: Huge sinking feeling accompanied by a sense of being completely washed up and overwhelmed...

All fits, doesn't it? :lol:

Now talking of dreams... i had this nightmare last night where i was trapped on a dessert island with Kristana Loken, Nurse 'Leah' from 'no angels' and Kelly Brock... Horrible it was.... i tried everything, but the rescue boat still found us :(