Emum

Stressed re house move

I don't often post these days but I'm so stressed at the moment due to house move, I thought if you all don't mind I'd vent on people who understand where I'm coming from!

We decided in February we wanted to move to a house with a garden. We found a house we liked straight away, put in an offer which was accepted and all was proceeding smoothly up to the day before exchange of contracts when the seller suddenly decided she didn't want to move after all. Nothing would persuade her otherwise. This happened in April, and we weren't able to find another suitable house until June, with the result we lost our buyers. In June we put in an offer which was accepted and a few days later accepted an offer on our house from a Psychiatric nurse who said she was not in a chain, loved the house and would move as quickly as we liked because she could see we'd need to get the kids in the new house and settled before the new school term (had a long chat with her about E and ASD and she professed to be very sympathetic. Everyone was working to a timetable of exchange contracts at end of July and complete mid August. It was being openly discussed and everyone was on board. Right on the day of exchange our buyers said they were going to drop the price by �15,000. No reason other than they felt like it - survey was fine and the valuation supported the price they were paying for it. We were not pleased but after agonising for a few days and doing all the sums decided to agree on the basis that they would exchange immediately and complete as planned.

The last few days have been hell! The buyers have messed us around so much. They are refusing to exchange for another week minimum (possibly 2 weeks) and say that they won't agree to a completion until 31 August (The Friday before the kids go back to school). They have no reason for doing this - just say they are doing it because they can! We've explained to them we need time to settle E in the new house before she goes back to school (particularly as she has a new teacher next year - ie new to the school - so is going to find the new term stressful). They just say they can't understand why I am so upset by the whole thing (I've been in tears for 2 days and have lost half a stone in weight since this blew up on Monday!) We feel that our life is going to be so difficult for such a long time if we put E in a new house and new school environment simultaneously, that we really don't want to go ahead, but we're really disappointed if this means we're going to lose the new house.

It seems to silly and that there ought to be a resolution to all this. I've spoken to the buyer direct and asked why she needs to wait until end August and explained why we need it earlier, but she just refuses to give any kind of explanation, and says she doesn't know why I am upset!

Everything is all still up in the air, and I am at my absolute wits end. Really can't cope with any more pressure about all of this.

Sorry! Know you can't do anything, but just felt the need to vent!

Hiya...really sorry you've ended up with the purchasers from hell!

Is there anyway you could get a bridging loan so you can proceed with your purchase without them?

I wouldn't do it until they've exchanged, but once they have if you can finance a bridge it would get you moved in

a bit sooner. (and def don't bother cleaning the house foe them when you do move out!)

Take Care and try not too get too stressed - easier said then done though I know

>:D<<'>

What complete and utter b******s you are having the misfortune to deal with. You see the very worst in human nature when going through this process, I know, I have been there & can only sympathise. >:D<<'>

We can only hope the law of karma comes into play and someone will mess with their heads in the future.

Aargh..house chains! :wallbash::wallbash: What is it about this process that turns reasonable human beings into monsters?!

I just hope and pray something happens to change their minds over this.

It's good to see you back, by the way,

>:D<<'>

K x

Nasty so-and-sos ...they have you over a barrel and seem to be enjoying every minute of it. :bancomp:

I would think very carefully before going down the bridging loan route with this pair ....... I would be scared that the sale will still fall to pieces with what they've done already.:angry:

Hope I'm wrong and the rest of the sale goes without any further problems. >:D<<'>

Louise

Thanks for all the hugs and support!

Just a quick update. We started showing the house again to other potential buyers when the Psychiatric Nurse started messing us around, and were lucky enough to get several offers from people who could move quickly. We decided to accept one from a Cash buyer with no chain, who undertook to complete within 21 days (and also offered us more than our original asking price). So, all being well, we are moving out of our house on Friday and into our new house on Tuesday, with a week left before E has to go back to school. My inlaws have very kindly invited us all to stay with them over the Bank Holiday weekend, and will keep the children for an extra night so we can unpack properly before they have to move into the new place, which will mean that the children will get a nice little break too before they start school.

Having been so unpleasant, the PN was absolutely furious that we refused to sell to her, and has threatened to sue us for her legal fees and survey costs. Fortunately I was a lawyer before E was diagnosed so know that she won't succeed, but it is an extra complication I don't really need. However, I am just so relieved that everything seems to be working out, and we are going to be settled before school starts again. We did take E to show her the new house at the weekend and to play in the playground at the end of the new road and she seemed very happy and settled, so we are keeping everything crossed that she will adapt OK to the move.