Sign in to follow this  
Cariad

Biting, pinching and slapping

And thats when the DS is in a good mood.. Anybody else get this? I was helping the DS get dressed as I do most days and he was biting my head when I'm bending over to help him with his trousers. He says sorry but then will do it again, and licking!

When he is in a bad mood he does the backwards headbutt and the horse kick.. Anybody elses kids this physical all of the time?

Oh yes!!!!! Michael is physical all the time and he is a big lad (he weighs 7.5 stone and is only 8 yrs old and he is tall as well and very solid build).

He kicks and throws things all the time and punches and pushes me around as well. He can do this even if he is in a relatively good mood so when he is in a bad mood then it is awful.

He has hurt me quite a few times. Have to say he is only like this with me although he can be more physical with other children than is 'normal' and I have to watch him because he is so strong. He will push others or mess with them and hurt them without meaning to (if you know what I mean?).

I am forever covered in bruises. Yesterday he slammed the bedroom door in my face when I was trying to talk to him..................... need I say more.

Big hugs for you................ I know what you are going through >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

reece is exactly the same biting scratching hitting and loads of licking,

know exactly wat its like

take care

lv donnaxxxxxxxxxxxx

I get this too, and I hate it!

DD has PDA so every time (or at least it feels like every time!) I try and stop her from doing something I get hit, punched, kicked, scratched, verbally abused and (the worst) she tries to prise off my fingernails! Flippin' hurts, that one!

Funnily enough she won't pinch as she knows that is unacceptable!

Nice to know that I am not alone, though.....

J punches and kicks when he's in a temper..he generally does'nt look before he lashes out so quite often gets me in real sensitive part of my body!...at the moment I'm just about strong enough to hold him down or drag him to his room so he can trash that instead, but he does get punished each and every time he lashes out. He's never done it at school..even when he's been bullied - which we struggle to understand. But I do worry about him lashing out at some point at school as he's the biggest and strongest in his class.

He's most grumpy when people accidently bump into him or trip over him cos he's lying on the floor, he always thinks you've done it on purpose and his instant reaction is to punch.

He's not generally an angry little soul though..so I guess this is just how he gets his frustration out at the moment

Hi,

I have tried to find the triggers for H's violent behaviour (which is, thankfully, not frequent). They are: frustration at not being able to do something, especially something his little brother can do; confusion/fear, for example if I forget to tell him that we are moving on to another piece of equipment in the park (even if he has seen me move away); criticism (real or perceived) especially nasty comments from his dad (himself AS); someone rearranging his little collection of houses; and most recently, hot, bored older children hitting him because he said something strange. On the plus side, we also get lots of hugs and smiles. Oh, and we are minus a living room door at the moment and the kitchen door looks like it might be next.

Hi,

I have tried to find the triggers for H's violent behaviour (which is, thankfully, not frequent). They are: frustration at not being able to do something, especially something his little brother can do; confusion/fear, for example if I forget to tell him that we are moving on to another piece of equipment in the park (even if he has seen me move away); criticism (real or perceived) especially nasty comments from his dad (himself AS); someone rearranging his little collection of houses; and most recently, hot, bored older children hitting him because he said something strange. On the plus side, we also get lots of hugs and smiles. Oh, and we are minus a living room door at the moment and the kitchen door looks like it might be next.

Yep we have had the bedroom door off the hinges twice and three spindles out of the stairs and the ripping of the upstairs wallpaper... :rolleyes:

Hi all,

Charlie gets v. aggressive, he's especially fond of punching, digging nails in and biting. In fact he bit my knee about 20 mins ago because i tried to get him to go back to bed. The problem is he has absoloutly no remorse so its got to the point that i don't know how to tell him off cos he doesn't even register he's done anything wrong :wallbash:

On the subject of doors, we're about to replace our glass kitchen door with a wooden one.................

What does everyone else do when your children have violent outbursts (apart from restraining/running away!)

cattubb

xx