JsMum

were all going on a summer holiday no more worries for a day or two?

Well J has really been really disruptive, aggressive and totally annoying when the attention isnt soley on him,

tonight he did a mini little " well I am running Away then if you dont care about me" so off he went with no shoes on,

I let him go, I had enough to be honest and if ment I got five mins peace then I am up for a little bit of a run away session,

so after about a minuete of him sulking off I followed him with out him seeing me to see how far he got, the little monkey did quite well, right to the middle of a main road, in the dark at gone 11pm, I stayed close by then he stopped and turned back towards our home and he spotted me, I said that he shouldnt really run away with no shoes on,

he came back and put on his shoes and went back out side, he said I dont care about him and then he puches past me, I said I did but he just walsed out, down the dark road and marched off in anger, I hovered, and stopped when a group of bikers went near him, he ran back towards me, I put out my arms as to give him a hug but he brushed me away, and walked the other direction,

there was a few returns back to the house were I thought we were getting to the end of the running away for him to become very upset again,

I was confused and didnt know what to do, tomorrow we are going on a lovely holiday in the country and I havent even packed yet,

every time I tried I had to tidy up spilt drinks, pick up cusions off the floor, sweep up wrappers and it just seemed I running in a circle so I hadnt even got round to packing and the last few hours where been used dealing with Js behavioural issues, I was getting upset and J was returning to the road so i rang the Duty Team for some advice.

the officer asked about how the behaviour arose and wondered if it had to do with going on holiday,

I hadnt of thought about it in any great detail, I had talked to J about where we were going, how nice it was going to be, but not considered it was actually upsetting J.

The Officer said its still a change and as J has additional needs then it could be he is anxious, as we talked J was writing a letter to me.

it said " I sorre I meada upset can we be fiends agen" with a box for yes and a box for no and I had to tick it.

I ticked yes.

As the officer made more sence of how J was reacting he said he would talk to J and just have a chat together,

J talked with lots of Yes's and Oks and orights and then dropped it on the table and proceeded to fill out a creadit card application,

we went throw some ideas of how I am to restart the process of going on holiday tomorrw (now today) it was decided we pack in the morning and set off a little bit later, I tried to finish the call but J kept on interupting with quetions like " what is my date of birth If I am 20yrs old" so the call was a little longer to end, but the officer was very understanding and said its Js way of trying to divert the situation, that he didnt want to face the real issue, the officer said to just try again in the morning and to have a really nice holiday and the call ended fairly.

J flitting off here and there clearly anxious and so we sat down and had another talk and a cup of cammamile which he had too, and he shared with me why he was nervus of going on holiday, and he said its because incase we get lost!!!

Well I have managed to get him settled and he is now asleep exhausted himself on the sitting room chair and I have finished getting the house some what reasonable for we come back from our little holiday, as the last thing I want is a messy house.

Now its just about enjoying it, I have reasurred J and told him we will make sure we have a map and a compass at all times to make sure we dont, we might even get a sat nav to make sure, but its mad to know that the last 12 hours of temper tantrums and disruptive behaviour was all about been anxious incase we are somewhere we dont know where we are?

Well I am hoping we can get packed in the morning, and tomorrow we set off, so we wont be online for a while so going to miss you guys,

who said that going on a holiday was no worries for a day or two?

Anyway see you soon after our little holiday.

JsMum

Phew! - poor you, sounds like a really tiring day the day before you go off on hols! >:D<<'>

Sincerely hope you both have a great time and that J settles in to have a bit of fun

Take care

Lisa

These things are so draining aren't they >:D<<'> . I hope things go well on your holiday and J doesn't get too anxious.

All the best,

Eva