Bagpuss

I think we may be going caravanning

New car, with towbar, safely in garage...........been trying to book a site all day, but had probs. The one we wanted couldn't take us with an awning, too busy and our second choice couldn't make any bookings due to their systems being down.....so we found a third, and I got an email tonight to confirm our booking. It's going to work out at �15 per night, for all of us :o:clap: Our B & B was going to cost us �145 for one night. So, on Friday morning, we'll be heading off to Ayr, we are seeing Ian Jordan on Saturday morning, and we will be back on Monday.........3 nights, which hopefully we ( I ) will enjoy :pray: The loo's look clean in the photo's :lol: Picking van up tomorrow evening, and have booked a place in a nice storage site nearby :thumbs:

Edited by Bagpuss

Tat ta all, off first thing in the morning, feeling nervous, worrying about the awning, and not been sleeping properly last few days, so got to get an early night, take care x

Guest Lya of the Nox

behave woman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

u will be fine

immoduim may help u tho

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

kidding

have funs

lvs x

We're back! We managed to get to Scotland with the van still attached to the back of the car, which is an achievement in itself :lol: Got to the site, and some fellow campers helped us to put the awning up (discovered it had no groundsheet :rolleyes: ), and they helped us sort out where the water,waste and leccy thingummys went. I was desperate for a cuppa, and had bought a new kettle, so as soon as I got into the van, I filled it up, and couldn't find the flex. Not a good start! Eventually got all sorted, and went out for something to eat, and buy a new kettle. Went to supermarket, and bought same kettle, with DH under strict instructions to check it had the blooming flex this time, and it did, inside the kettle :oops: So when we got back to van I checked, and yes, I had filled up the kettle with the flex and plug inside :lol: First night, DH and eldest dd decided to sleep in the awning, but woke up at 3 am to discover the inflatable beds which had come with the van had deflated :blink: Girlies loved the site, and especially youngest dd, as she could have some freedom. She was able to go the park with eldest dd, and their faces were a picture on an evening, when it was all dark, and we had to walk through a woodland path, to the loos, in our PJ's. They loved the fact it was so quiet, and not crowded.

On Saturday we totally invaded poor Ian Jordan and his wife :lol: (sorry Ian :whistle: ) Youngest dd (6 ASD) does need glasses, and has chosen some Barbie ones. Ian's wife felt dd's turn was so slight, that the lenses shouldn't cause a problem. She may also need some blue tinted lenses at some point. She did well bless her, but began to find it difficult towards the end, and we left it for another time, so she didn't feel too pressured. Eldest dd (9 AS) fine, although we have ordered her some glasses with green lenses, as she showed a preference for this during the assessment, and found that the blue actually hurt her eyes, but unsure if she'll wear them. She didn't seem comfortable with any frame on her face, so will try to introduce them slowly at home. Turns out ds (13 NT) had the biggest probs :blink: We hadn't intended to have ds looked at, but Ian thought he had some visual probs, so he assessed him, and the results were incredible. We have ordered him some frames with blue tinted lenses in. We found the appointment so interesting. I found I performed better with red lenses, and found I felt pain less, could see things more clearly.................amazing :thumbs: Unsure how DH would feel about having lots of red lights about the house though :lol::lol:

I hope Ian can explain this all much better than me :D

Guest Lya of the Nox
Unsure how DH would feel about having lots of red lights about the house though :lol::lol:

oooooh thank you

:notworthy::notworthy::whistle::whistle::whistle:

you have made me larf soo much

glad the meeting was postive, i am still musing wether to take meggzie next time we go to glasgow

not sure if i would dare have my eyes looked at, may need rainbows or sparkles lol

or is that for others to see me bettter

:fight:

Pearl, is that Golam jumping out of the ground? I can't make it out :lol:

Tis the gawjuss Tony, bd made it for me!

If you go to my avvy thread theres a link to a bigger one, we were crying laughing over it!

You know what I'm like :lol: DH just booked another break........... :o Haven site in Cleethorpes, 2 nights, next weekend :wacko: I'm away visiting friends....... :thumbs::clap:

He's brave isn't he :notworthy:

Hey, well done Baggy Family! Really relieved it went well for you, despite my earlier worries! Looking forward to hearing all about it.

Flex inside the kettle, indeed. D'oh. :unsure:

Karen

x

I've been asked to comment but think it is better if I do so on new post

Hey, well done Baggy Family! Really relieved it went well for you, despite my earlier worries! Looking forward to hearing all about it.

Flex inside the kettle, indeed. D'oh. :unsure:

Karen

x

Be afraid Mrs T, we could be coming to a site near you! :devil::lol:

DH now thinks we should join some form of "club"...................I'm scared :tearful:

I'm beginning to feel horribly suburban and am fighting a need to rebel :lol: I'd get my belly button pierced, but they'd need a crossbow and I'd be worried it would keep catching on the pavement :lol:

Be afraid Mrs T, we could be coming to a site near you! :devil::lol:

DH now thinks we should join some form of "club"...................I'm scared :tearful:

I'm beginning to feel horribly suburban and am fighting a need to rebel :lol: I'd get my belly button pierced, but they'd need a crossbow and I'd be worried it would keep catching on the pavement :lol:

How about a tattoo instead? They could engrave a small caravan on your bum :lol:

Never, ever been into tatoos - but i've spotted this garguss 'ickle pretty one....................... :ph34r::ph34r:

Don't think i'm brave enough!

Caravan on you bum! :lol:

My darling son just said how about 'Wide load' :o:o:o:rolleyes: and is falling about laughing........... :rolleyes:

Promise to never to feed him ever again for being a cheeky monkey, i've no idea where he gets his daft sense of humour from.............. :whistle:

You could have 'If lost, please return to.......................' :lol:

Excellent news about the spex :thumbs:

Your lil monkey has a fab sense of humour :notworthy::lol::lol:

I had my first tattoo just over a year ago, a butterfly on my back. Didn't hurt, had some cream which numbs surface of skin. I'd love another, somewhere more noticeable, but unsure where or what.........maybe something incorporating the kiddies initials, small, delicate sophiscated......................just like me :lol::lol::ph34r:

I have a firmly repressed desire for a tattoo.

My 50th has come & gone, & I managed to walk past tattoo shops going nononono......

I'd like a little dark gecko on my arm.

S has a little viney leafy thing she designed herself, on the small of her back.

She informed me of this over the phone in her 2nd year at uni. By the time I saw it, it had grown in my mind to a Tarzan-like vine, so the reality was quite a relief.

I have a firmly repressed desire for a tattoo.

My 50th has come & gone, & I managed to walk past tattoo shops going nononono......

I'd like a little dark gecko on my arm.

S has a little viney leafy thing she designed herself, on the small of her back.

She informed me of this over the phone in her 2nd year at uni. By the time I saw it, it had grown in my mind to a Tarzan-like vine, so the reality was quite a relief.

Pearl,

My friend has a gecko tattoo on her arm and it is lovely! I've toyed with getting a tattoo but think my family would disown me :crying: I would like a small treefrog on my hip. My daughter says I would look like a charver (chav to you southerners).

SV