Bard

photographer slain by maniac with hedgetrimmer

If only.

My mate Pearl will sympathise, I know she will understand...

I've got a long, long hedge, full of rambling roses, laurel, japanese quince, hawthorn and all that hedgy sort of stuff. It's very hard to cut when you're 5'1" and not very strong. Half the time, the trimmer is over your head, and heavy.

And then OH came home, having agreed that the hedge needed trimming for two months and not acted on it. He uses the passive tense a lot. 'It will need cutting'

Did he leap to a lady's assistance?

Did he offer to do the bits that were out of reach?

I thought he was helping when he started to clear bits from the base, and pile them up, but oh no.

He collected several large pieces of twisted root, dead lavender and rose hips on the stalk, and made a still life. Then he went to set up a camera shot.

I finished cutting, then said 'All the debris will need raking up and putting in the bin'

'Yes, that's a good idea' he replied and went inside.

And I stood there, revving my hedgetrimmer and thought dark and nasty thoughts.

Tomorrow, he will notice that the top is uneven, I will say 'You can reach, and I can't so why don't you trim the ****top?' :angry:

He will say yes, and then...nada.

AAARRRRGGG!

I know nothing can be done, I'm just looking for sympathy and virtual chocolate here. :crying::eat:

Edited by Bard

:lol::lol:

When the finished work of art has pride of place in the Tate Modern, and crowds are jostling to see it, and celebrities are offering millions for the privilege of acquiring it for their private collection, you'll be sorry for your churlish thoughts.

:shame:;)

K x

What a fantastic idea Kathryn!

I'll dismember him into joints, plonk him into a tank and sell the creation to the TM!

Move over Damien, I'm on my way.

I've always wanted to work from home.

Bard, if I came round your house & stood on your shoulders we would make one tall man between us & would get the job done in no time.

Thats the best thread title I've seen in quite a while.

We've just had the dent taken out of our car by someone who calls himself "Mr Chips", I am seriously thinking of kidnapping him & keeping him in a cupboard ready for next time.

Apparently a wall which was not there before got in the way when mr pearl was driving.

Laugh? LAUGH??

Where's my chocolate and sympathy, you unsupportive lot. :tearful:

I want Muuuumble, she's always got something chocolatey about her person.

She's my friend...sniff.

Mumble is having tea & chocolate cake with Miss Hoolie as we speak.

Perhaps she'll bring some back for you :lol:

Oh go on then... >:D<<'>

*sympathetic hug for Bard*

I want Muuuumble, she's always got something chocolatey about her person.

She's my friend...sniff.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Lots of hugs for you - that's best I can do. I've come back to an empty choc box (didn't plan that well) so none for me either, but you can share my virtual chocolate :eat:. Or if you like (I don't) I have some Tobermory Tatties left (they're the only sweeties I have left apart from my sister's Balamory Rock, but I don't really like them).

Mumble is having tea & chocolate cake with Miss Hoolie as we speak.

Perhaps she'll bring some back for you :lol:

Actually it was tea and ginger cake - possibly the best ginger cake in the whole world - found a lovely little bakery selling the best cakes. Did buy lots to bring home, but they lasted until Thursday night when I sat down to write my postcards and applied the 'just one more' logic. No room in my bag anyway, so best I ate them really. :eat::eat1:

How is the hedge anyway Bard. Not to trivialise this, your OH hasn't actually done anything wrong other than answer you comments logically and make some observations. Have you actually asked him to trim the hedge or pick up the clippings rather than make suggestions for him to pick up on? I knew what you meant because of the context of the thread, but maybe I would have reacted the same? :unsure: If it's not done yet, how about getting in a trimmer man?