Mumble

My Holiday Piccies

I'm not sure if this will work - might have to start hollering at BD for help - but I thought I'd share some of my holiday piccies whether you want to see them or not (it's OK - I've been selective!!) because I'm so proud of what I've managed to achieve in the last week. I never thought for a moment that I would cope with travelling by myself and doing all the organisation myself, but I did. The only thing I didn't cope with was coming back to London :lol:

Inner Hebridies

Island Transport

Edited my links lots- do they work now? Sorry - don't know what else to try - need help please :pray:

Oh, oh - think they might work now :pray:

Or not :tearful:

Edited by Mumble

Mumble you did great going away and I could tell you were really chuffed with yourself today! - huge well done, big big achievement :notworthy::notworthy:

But.....links not working:(..just take us to photobucket..

Some interesting piccies on the front page of that mind :)

Clever you :)...they work! - piccies are great, no wonder you had a great time, it all looks fantastic!

Particularly like - Fingals Cave, Duart Castle and the Lighthouse :)

Great Piccies, are you going to print any of them off for yourself?, if you don't have that facility let me know and I'll print them off for you. (I am inundated with photo paper and ink at moment :)

Guest Lya of the Nox

grreat pics :notworthy:

never been that far up myself but i have a mate who does and talks about how peaceful it is

x

That looks lovely!! I've never been to the Hebridies but I'd love to go!! Well done you for organising it all and going alone - thats daunting for anyone!

Lynne x

Beautiful photos Mumble :notworthy:

ALMOST makes me want to return....

we had a disastrous family holiday in the western highlands a few years back.

Cottage untouched since the 1970s

It hadnt been cleaned

Torrential rain for a fortnight

AND...

NO WASHING MACHINE!

Kept thinking, I'd really like it here, if I could see anthing through the mist & rain, & I could bring my washing in dryer than it went out.

The couple of days the sun did shine, however, it was gawjuss.

SO.... do we all get an invite when you buy your croft up there? :lol:

SO.... do we all get an invite when you buy your croft up there? :lol:

Well on the Island of Kerrera which I walked all the way around over and across (about 16 miles) I found this Cottage for Sale. It's a group of three little two bedroom white cottages looking over the water (and lighthouse). Two are occupied and one is being done up for sale. It even comes with electricity and running water!!!! The whole island currently has 17 fulltime inhabitants (of the human variety - many more sheep, hairy coos and I suspect a few ghosts in the castle) - I was thinking that I could quite happily bring that total up to 18 inhabitants - it was beautiful and so, so peaceful. I could really see myself living somewhere like that :) I could even have my own kayak 'parked' outside!!!!

So when I buy it you can all come and visit but you may have to come in (very) small groups else you'd double the population of the island overnight and it might sink!!!! :rolleyes:

And apologies in advance if the link doesn't work . . .

Looks gorgeous! I've only been up to Scotland once - really must try harder!

Two quick questions -

1 - what was the story in Balamory?

2 - I saw Big Ferry & Little Ferry - what happened to Bryan? Ahhhh, that only goes to Avalon ;)

L&P

BD :D

Mumble, what fab photos, I love the one of Lismore lighthouse the sky is amazing, I've got a thing about skies and cloud formations, sooooo beautiful. Well done for organising a great trip away, you obviuolsy had a great time, like you say coming back to London is the worst bit, but you'll soon get into the swing of it again.

Clare x x x

Thanks everyone - it was wonderful, gorgeous and all the rest of it - I may well end up staying permanently next time!! The garden, Pearl, will be taken up with my organic raspberry and pumpkin patch - it only had a tiny garden - but given the location, I hardly need one. You can share the field with the sheep if you come to visit!!!

1 - what was the story in Balamory?

*Shakes head in that knowing way*. You mean you don't know? I thought everyone knew what the story was! :lol: The little girl I had the misfortune of sharing a bus ride over with clearly thought she knew as she was 'singing' the theme tune for the full 35 mile trip :o

2 - I saw Big Ferry & Little Ferry - what happened to Bryan? Ahhhh, that only goes to Avalon ;)

:shame: I have no idea what you're on about but it's bound to be something similar to the rest of your wittiness that gave rise to the end of your siggy so I'll just leave it be :lol: :lol:

Whenever you start feeling stressed in London, go to that cottage in your mind & relaaaax :)

Can I time travel Pearl? :unsure: It's a minimum of 12 hours door to door :lol:

Hi mumble ,so glad you enjoyed your trip to our island,if you went on the boat trip to staffa then you sailed right past my croft on the shore of loch na keal

I took a separate boat from Fionnphort rather than the main tour boat (mine had 5 people, the tour boat had about 40) on the Thursday when the water was really rough - I got soaked in the boat (but thankfully had full waterproofs!!). I've just had a look at my map to find Loch na Keal - because I went up rather than down I don't think we passed you - put what a fantastic place to live - I don't suppose you fancy doing a house swap - you can all come and live in my student room in London and I'll take your croft - I think that sounds very fair (to me) :lol: :lol: I would love to live somewhere like that in the future.

Hi Mumble

Glad you had a good hol, we went to Oban recently and also visited Tobermory, spent half the day travelling but the boys enjoyed it!! Glad you had a nice time.

Brooke

Thanks Brooke - it was a lot of travelling but it was definately worth it. Did you take the bus from Craignure? I thought the London buses were scary with their 'get right to the stop before applying brakes and throw all passengers down the aisle' trick till I got the Tobermory bus - I was convinced we were going to topple off the side of the road particularly when it pulled over to let others pass! :lol::rolleyes:

oh i know i was sat cramped on that bus looking out the front nearly screaming when we met another vehical thinking we going to CRASH!!!!!!!! We got the big boat from Oban it was very calm which was good as i get sea sick :sick:

I took a separate boat from Fionnphort rather than the main tour boat (mine had 5 people, the tour boat had about 40) on the Thursday when the water was really rough - I got soaked in the boat (but thankfully had full waterproofs!!). I've just had a look at my map to find Loch na Keal - because I went up rather than down I don't think we passed you - put what a fantastic place to live - I don't suppose you fancy doing a house swap - you can all come and live in my student room in London and I'll take your croft - I think that sounds very fair (to me) :lol: :lol: I would love to live somewhere like that in the future.

Mumble my kids would be happy to swap,we have a very long cold wet and windy winter ahead of us yet again,but i wouldn't swap it for the world.

No public transport round our side of the island,so i don't have to worry about having people invade my personal space,just have to use shanks pony to get around :crying: