Frangipani

Any nurses here? I need a reliable medical website

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone on here may be able to put me in touch with a reliable medical website that is trustworthy.

My enquiry is non ASD related. But interested in some good websites in the UK or US if you prefer please PM.

The condition is Anorexia Nervosa - Hypogonadotrophic Hypogonadism. The links so far are a bit dodgy and /or want payment for research information.

Would greatly appreciate any referrals. I need to research this thoroughly to assist with making some important decisions. Thanks!

:thumbs::notworthy:>:D<<'>

Fxx

Hi hun, >:D<<'> not been on the site much, just seen your post , hope your o.k., you,ve had such a fraught year :tearful: , big hugs suzexxx

Hi - Have you tried searching through Google Scholar?

It's comes up with a lot of research articles (none of which I understand!) but you might find something useful. Only difficulty may be that I have supscription access to a lot through my university so it may be letting me into things it wouldn't let you into.

Thank you >:D<<'> :thumbs:>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Keep em coming if you can... Still looking for something in particular but these are a great help so far. Excellent. :thumbs:

Will have another read of these. Anymore welcome!

Thanks... it all helps. So in the dark IYKWIM....

love

Frang xx :thumbs:

Just trying to understand how the two are interconnected anorexia and H H. How they are treated and the best path forward. I need some solid information - the endocrinologist is spot on with Estrogen but the doc is now considering anti depressants as if this doesn't work then it could be long term rehab say 6 - 8 weeks or more. It frightens the life out of me- not knowing if the tumour is related or culprit.

I want to solve it- as I dont trust these Psychiatrists with my daughter. IYKWIM... Just want a quick education on it so I know what to expect or what to watch out for... or things that help people recover - so they dont spiral to next stage of annorexia. Sorry its late I am probably not making sense.

Just want to know enough to be supportive to my daughter - to stay a step ahead - to know how to put on a brave face - be aware all round. Get the right help and know who to trust.

Its after 1am here will cathup with you in the morning which will be evening your time. :lol: its Tuesday here now :lol:>:D<<'>

Sorry to hear about your troubles, Frangipani. >:D<<'>

I'm no expert, but I thought that HH was a genetic condition. Although Anorexia does delay puberty in girls in itself, I thought they were unconnected, but I could be wrong.

Good luck with it. >:D<<'>

~ Mel ~