Sign in to follow this  
forbsay

what is coming to scottish meet up?

Sorry Forbsay just being nosey and looking at this thread, goodness knows why though, I am at the far end of the country :lol: . Anyway hope you have a good "meet" and I look forward to hearing all about it.

Clare x x x

I'll be there. Will be giving Something Vague a lift too. Just going to come for the day though. Might ask my mum if she fancies a day out in Edinburgh as she'd happily amuse herself for the day but could help with the driving. (Technically it is her car though it was purchased for me to use to get to Middlesbrough for my course. :)) That won't cause any problems for the lift though. Not asked her yet but thought I'd let you know that I was wondering about doing it. :)

I'll be there. Will be giving Something Vague a lift too. Just going to come for the day though. Might ask my mum if she fancies a day out in Edinburgh as she'd happily amuse herself for the day but could help with the driving. (Technically it is her car though it was purchased for me to use to get to Middlesbrough for my course. :)) That won't cause any problems for the lift though. Not asked her yet but thought I'd let you know that I was wondering about doing it. :)

Oh good, glad you going David :thumbs:

Has anyone thought about the time and the place?

SV

LOL I'll meet you at the zoo beside the otters Baggy :devil:

Earlier would probably be better for me. Planned to head up in the morning mainly as don't know what traffic will be like. So I expect lunch / early afternoon would work best for me. Can manage early evening but wouldn't want it to finish too late. It is about a 3 hour journey each way according to multimaps directions.

We will probs set off around 9.30ish, once we've picked van up. Don't know how long it'll take us as yet, but will be towing, so will be longer than average. What about meeting around 2ish? Would that be too late for you David? I just don't think DH and I will be able to get to Edinburgh, sort the van out on the site, and get to a meet up before then, given it will take you 3 hrs, so it'll be longer for us.

Or................you could all meet up, and I'll give SV and bell once we are there...be happy to do that :)

SV...otters :sick::shame:

DH and I decided to have another look at B & B's.........everywhere fully booked..............apparantly the All Blacks are playing that weekend, and the hoteliers we've spoken to have said we've got no hope of finding accomodation...........hey ho.........back to the van :lol:

DH and I are happy to rent beds out for night...........only �50, plus a fully cold breakfast, and ensuite chemical loo :lol:

I'm happy to eat anywhere Forbsay, so long as it doesn't involve sea food :sick: We've managed to sort a hotel out now, although it will be in Newcastle, but at least it won't be such a hassle travelling up, and should be alot quicker for us if we are not towing the van :)

How about The Cuddie Brae at Newcraighall? It is 30 secs from the A1 so people heading south would be right on their road home, so no messing about in the town. Not sure of the road name but it is just down from Fort Kinnaird heading towards Musselburgh. Food is quite varied with meat, veggie, pasta etc and the prices are ok.

Carrie

We could go there and then you are cutting out all the traffic. Shall I try to book and see what they say? What time shall I say?

Or somewhere off Princes Street - mind you that will be really busy. There are loads of places in the OMNI Centre that you could get something to eat...........

Names are

myself

caroline

carrieq

mr and mrs bagpuss

something vague

David Baker

Edited by forbsay

Hi

Okay dokey

We shall all meet in the Cuddie Brae. Details as below.

Cuddie Brae,The

Tel: (0131) 657 1212 - Text Number

Premier Ldg Newcraighall Rd, Musselburgh, EH21 8RX - Map

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=e...c=addr&om=1

(hopefully the link will work if you copy & paste it)

This restaurant is just off the AI. It is just down from Fort Kinnaird Shopping Centre. I was trying to get a map for you - however you should be able to do this via AA routefinder.

I shall see you there about 3.30 ish. I can't book it as we need 12 people. However, i phoned and he says that we can just wait on a table.

I will personal message you all with my mobile number in case you get lost.

Forbsay

Edited by forbsay

I was thinking about that one too, should we all carry folded newspapers and wear a red carnation!!!

We could all txt you Elaine when we arrive. I am hoping the swimming gala doesn't go on too long as I am looking forward to putting faces to names!

Carrie

I was thinking about that one too, should we all carry folded newspapers and wear a red carnation!!!

We could all txt you Elaine when we arrive. I am hoping the swimming gala doesn't go on too long as I am looking forward to putting faces to names!

Carrie

Yes we will all bombard you with phone calls lol.

I'm female (last time I looked!) mid forties, glasses dark brown curly hair, slimmish. Will be wearing jeans and a blue jacket (or maybe a black coat lol).

See you there :thumbs:

SV