bid

Diagnosis Update

After my dx from Cambridge last month, I got the written report a few days a go.

I was actually a bit shocked to see that I scored really, really highly in all the diagnostic areas (e.g. 47 out of 50 on the AQ test, with a score of 16 out of 18 for the overall AAA dx criteria, and in the dx criteria breakdown getting 4s and 5s instead of the minimum 3 elements required in the various areas :ph34r: ).

Especially as Baron-Cohen's AAA (Adult Aspergers Assessment) is apparently more stringent than the DSM IV :o

I had sort of thought they would say that I just squeaked into a dx...

Oo-er...I still feel quite funny about it :wacko::hypno::blink:

Bid

Edited because I'd explained it badly from memory, so edited with the report in front of me!

Edited by bid

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> Bid >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I don't know how you are feeling. But I just want to say you are living proof that you can still live a happy and successful life regardless.

You are a walking success story and an inspiration to everyone on here.

You have proven that :notworthy::thumbs::dance::dance:

:gather::cheers:

I think you are AWESOME!! :thumbs:

Love Frang xx :D

Hi Bid, >:D<<'>

It doesn't change you as a person...just gives you and others the ability to understand you a bit more. Give yourself a couple of days to digest it all and maybe read it again after filing it a few days. You'll probably find it not so much of a shock after a few days storage, you may even feel pleased then and recognise yourself in the report - hope that makes sense? >:D<<'>

Essentially you're still a lovely person, who now has a deeper understanding of themself....I've no doubt you will be happy with the report after some reflection/digestion time >:D<<'>

Take care

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> Bid >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I don't know how you are feeling. But I just want to say you are living proof that you can still live a happy and successful life regardless.

You are a walking success story and an inspiration to everyone on here.

You have proven that :notworthy::thumbs::dance::dance:

:gather::cheers:

I think you are AWESOME!! :thumbs:

Love Frang xx :D

Blimey, not sure about all that, Fran, but thanks for being so kind! >:D<<'>

And thank you Lisa, too :)

Bid :)

Great reports aren't they!! :rolleyes:

I scored:

AQ: 50/50

EQ: 3/80

AAA: 16/18

Prerequisits: 4/5, 5/5, 4/5, 3/3, 5/5

And it took 28 years for anyone to confirm that there might just be something different about me :lol: :lol:

Do you mind me asking what your EQ (empathy quotient) was? That's the one that's interesting in females. I knew mine was low but I was shocked at just how low it was :o

And here are the scores from the Boho jury...

AQ: 47/50

EQ: 15/80

CAST: 17/31 (don't know if you did this bit, Mumble, as it was my mum's answers)

AAA: 16/18

Pre-requisites: 4/5, 5/5, 5/5, 2/3, 5/5

Bid :hypno:

Forgot the CAST (this was done by questionnaire for me - oh, and my mum took great glee in writing an essay where it said "any other details" about what an awful child I was) - I scored 19

You win on the EQ Bid!! :rolleyes: They're still low scores though aren't they particularly as you have to score less than 30 - I always though it would be interesting to meet people with different scores but who still 'qualify' for a dx and see if there are differences between them - the ARC team haven't done this. It just worries my slightly as to what my 50/50 AQ score 'means' - does it mean I can't be more autistic, that all my behaviours are 'autistic' behaviours . . . :unsure:

But you get the prize for the Least Empathetic Lipstick Aspie!! ;):P:lol:

I think that, like any diagnostic test, such results give a good 'overall' picture, but don't necessarily reflect subtle differences, IYSWIM...so I wouldn't worry too much about your AQ Uber Score! >:D<<'> If you had completed the AQ on another day, there might have been 1 or 2 points difference, etc??

I was actually quite 'pleased' to read that B-C's AAA is more stringent than the DSM IV, as one of my abiding horrors is that people (i.e. certain family members) will dismiss my dx. So I shall say 'yah boo' to them if they try! :lol:

Bid :)

does it mean I can't be more autistic, that all my behaviours are 'autistic' behaviours . . . :unsure:

Mmmmm, bit of a philosophical point there...one could argue that if a person is autistic, all their behaviours are, de facto, 'autistic'.

What do you think?

Bid :blink:

B-C's AAA is more stringent than the DSM IV

Anyone reading this without knowing what we're talking about will think we're speaking either an entirely different language or writing in code and are actually spies from the planet Zog! :lol::D Hehe, I'm an LELA!! Yah boo!! :D

Mmmmm, bit of a philosophical point there...one could argue that if a person is autistic, all their behaviours are, de facto, 'autistic'.

What do you think?

oooh, oh no - this could turn into something resembling a previous 'discussion' (and I've got out of one of those already this morning by dragging up the past somewhat unceremoneously :oops::shame:).

Can I get out of this one by just saying 'pass' now? :unsure::lol:

Mumble, I hope you're not suggesting that we are talking about an esoteric, narrow subject matter in an over-detailed way! :shame:

Does that give us even more points on our prerequisits? I'm already 'full' on the imagination section this would come into unfortunately!!!!! You could add a little more to your collection though!!! :devil::whistle:

Does that give us even more points on our prerequisits? I'm already 'full' on the imagination section this would come into unfortunately!!!!! You could add a little more to your collection though!!! :devil::whistle:

Sigh...I know, I let the side down a bit there! :rolleyes::shame:

I would argue that if you are autistic, then yes, de facto, all your behaviour is 'autistic'...because, even if you do something apparently 'NT', it will not arise from NT imperatives.

Be afraid, be very afraid, mwahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ph34r: I have only had 1 and a half hours sleep in the last 26!!

Bid :wacko:

Anyone reading this without knowing what we're talking about will think we're speaking either an entirely different language or writing in code and are actually spies from the planet Zog! :lol::D Hehe, I'm an LELA!! Yah boo!! :D

My money is on you being spies from the planet Zog. I am going to watch what I say from now on!

Beware of aliens wearing lipstick and carrying reference books......

:ph34r::ph34r::P

I think I really, really need to go to bed now! :lol:

Play nicely, now! :lol:

Bidzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Beware of aliens wearing lipstick and carrying reference books......

Yah boo Yah boo - urgent message to boho - we've been sprung - scrap the lipstick and make sure that the antenae is retracted and hidden under a hoodie and we might just get away with it :ph34r::ph34r::lol: Or else you dazzle them with your sparklies and I'll hit 'em over the head with a book . . . :P

Yah boo Yah boo - urgent message to boho - we've been sprung - scrap the lipstick and make sure that the antenae is retracted and hidden under a hoodie and we might just get away with it :ph34r::ph34r::lol: Or else you dazzle them with your sparklies and I'll hit 'em over the head with a book . . . :P
:ph34r::ph34r:

Der der der der der der, der der der der der der Spectrum Babes!! (to the tune of Mission Impossible, obviously :rolleyes: )

Uber Ninja sparklie ear-rings at the ready, Mumble-Girl! :ninja:

OMG!! Mumble, quick, we've strayed into...The Batcave!! :o

Bid :devil:

The scores we're talking about form part of the Adult Asperger Assessment, which is a dx criteria designed by Prof. Simon Baron-Cohen at Cambridge Univ.

Children are usually diagnosed using the DSM IV I think??, which is a bit different. Someone correct me if I am wrong, as my DS got his dx 11 years ago, so all a bit hazy now :unsure:

Children are also usually assessed at the clinic, in school and at home. Much more of a multi-disiplinary approach these days, with in-put from SALT, OT, etc.

Good luck, it's a very stressful time waiting for your child's dx >:D<<'>

Bid

Children are also usually assessed at the clinic, in school and at home. Much more of a multi-disiplinary approach these days, with in-put from SALT, OT, etc.

Good luck, it's a very stressful time waiting for your child's dx >:D<<'>

Bid

Hi Bid,

DD has got a Dx, we are just waiting for the report, actually her assessement has been alarmingly quick !! this is why i asked, as i thought that DD must have scored high for it to have been so quick (2mths from start to Dx), i will post a thread later when ive got more time.

Sorry for the hyjack btw. :notworthy:

Well :thumbs: , not one to do things by halves are you Bidders :rolleyes: ........a proper full blown lipstick aspie :wub: ............I knew the moment I met you :whistle: ..........me?? :o ...........not a "trait" of anything in sight ;) .......I would definiteley fly well below the criteria for anything :pray: !!...Apart from "bouncy-ness " :bounce: of course. Hugs Suzex.

I didn't get scores like that, but reading my report was a bit scary. In a way though, it showed that I haven't been making this up, that I have real and genuine difficulties. I wasn't aware of a lot of my differences, and probably still am not, and it highlighted that to me as well.

bid, >:D<<'>

I was trying to think of something witty to say, but I couldn't!! (I must be witless :huh::lol: ) That report should be ahuge boost to your self esteem though girlie! To think you've gone through life and achieved amazing things with an extreme version of a 'mild' :devil: condition :D

By the way, have you noticed that all the shops are lacking in sparkly things just now? I wanted some sparkly ear rings and I trawled the length and breadth of Oxford and found nothing!!!!! What's going on? :o

Flozza XX

I think it helps to have things in black and white.

Bid,

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Have a bizarre image of judges holding up boards with different scores on them, like they do for skating etc. :lol:

Are you going to now wave the results in the face of the chocolate teapot who failed to dx you first? :ph34r::devil:

K x