Bagpuss

Please help...

Plumber due today, to fit a new toilet in the downstairs loo...I've been feeling abit :unsure: about it, don't like having workmen in the house...don't know why, daft really, but thought hey ho, won't be a long job. Anyhooooo, turns out the loo cannot be fitted, because the old waste pipe in cemented into the floor, and is too far forward for a new loo. :( We could get a builder in to move the waste further back, but can't be chewed with all the hassle. Sooooo, I asked the plumber if he could sort the flush out on the old loo, thinking it would be a five minute job. Turns out it needs a new syphon...which he had to go and get. The old syphon wouldn't come off, so he had to use a grinder, and he arrived at 9.30....and he still here :tearful: I wanna go out.......I'm fed up.....I'm feeling totally invaded :crying:

But, the question is - is he a good looking plumber? :devil:

>:D<<'>

His first words to me was that he'd just been to the dentist, and been told how lucky he was to still have all his own teeth at 54 :lol:

You can always replace the seat. I have a sparkly seat.

Thanks Tally. I'm going to get a new seat, a new handle for the flush, retile and refloor (tiling and flooring were planned anyway). The bill was �70. I was really upset....�10 for syphon, �60 labour. I know he was here for hours, so I shouldn't grumble, but still, it keeps irking me that I've paid �70 to fix a dodgy flush on my loo :(

This is only the beginning too...have so much work to get done :rolleyes:

i hate it when that happens you think it will cost ... then it always turns into loads more thats why im always reluctant in getting people out plus i never belive them i always think of builders from hell :lol:

Oooooooooooo, I hate having workmen in as well (*titters*). I always feel like I can't relax and like I have to be all quiet and tip toe around as if THEY own the place instead of ME, it's a horrid uncomfortable feeling, isn't it. And that's before the big bill they land you with. I saw something a while back about having a fish tank in the cystern, or was that my imagination! :lol:

~ Mel ~

Day went downhill rapidly from there on in......youngest dd came home from school saying she has to go into school tomorrow with party clothes on. I've checked her diary, nothing in it, so I've tried to explain that she doesn't have to wear party clothes. She began screaming...and it went on...and on....and on.....I've a sneaky suspicion that maybe she is right, and her teacher hasn't "for whatever reason :rolleyes: " writtan it in. She's so adamant about it, and even when I finally managed to calm her down, she said they were having a party with another class. I'm SO fed up this evening..surely it's not too much to ask for a quick note in her diary..she's been difficult to deal with ever since....feel absolutely poo :( Although the loo now flushes, the handle is looser, and the cistern is a mess. It had been previously painted, and because the plumber has had to pull it apart, the paint has all cracked, and peeled off in large chunks :( So I'm �70 down, with a downstairs loo which looks awful........sorry, really wallowing tonight.....off to chill in the bath.........tomorrow's another day :ph34r:

DH has gone out to a meeting, and he said he'll bring me some Ben and Jerry's back :) ...gawd, I'm easily pleased :rolleyes:

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> Can you send her in with her party clothes then at least she can get changed if there is a party, its certainly not on if her teacher hasnt written a note and DD is right.

We have spent part of the evening building DS new bed i HATE self builds :wallbash::wallbash: Still its done now hope you enjoy your icecream.

Finally got to the bottom of it, after packing her party clothes up next to her bookbag. DH had to go to meeting tonight, which happened to be in dd's school. Turns out that the "new" nursery is being opened tomorrow. Arsonists burnt the other one down. Local MP coming etc etc, but no party clothes, just usual uniform. DH and I are tossing coins over who gets to tell her in morning :rolleyes: I wish we were kept better informed of what was going on at school. Situations like this just highlight how dd can misinterpret what is happening at school, and you would assume an occassion like that would be mentioned to parents :rolleyes: .Recently (before summer break) dd's class held a sports day and changed classrooms, without either being mentioned! Eaten entire tub of ice cream, cookies and cream, and am feeling particularly evil and want to send dd in with her party clothes and let her teacher deal with the fall out :devil:

The divine god of plumbers has punished me for my evil thoughts.......................got up this morning, and the flush on the upstairs loo isn't working :rolleyes:

Edited by Bagpuss

DD home from school....IN her party clothes :hypno: I'd put a note in her diary, saying that she was adamant she had to bring party clothes in and had got very upset, so we were sending them in. Reply from teacher......she didn't NEED (underlined) to bring them in, only if she wanted to. They were writing out invitations to another class, and holding a party, to talk about what it was like to have a party :rolleyes::rolleyes: had absolutely nothing to do with nursery being re-opened then.

Is it just me, or is it completely daft to expect a child with ASD to go home and explain this to their parents, although dd, bless her, had managed to try to explain it me...I just didn't believe her :( .....feel really cross, and unsure why.

:( .....feel really cross, and unsure why.

It's just that feeling of being left in the dark, it's so frustrating isn't it. Well done to your DD for passing on the message, but it's so hard to get the full story out of them, isn't it. >:D<<'>

~ Mel ~