allsetuk

rory hoy autism and me

did anyone see the news , about autism and me, a 19 year old boy giving a speech at harrogate today, over 150 people turned up and loads had to be turned away, apparently the NAS has a new branch , in the area up and running. This boy has won loads of prizes for a short film about aspergers /asd and in it he explains how it feels, its going to shown in schools apparently. it was on look north or calender today if anyone wants to follow it up

;)

Thanks for this :).

Edited by Bullet

Ah pants, can't believe we missed this one!

We usually watch Look North religiously every morning (mostly because Neil is actually in love with the bloke who presents it....don't get me wrong, he's alright, better than Dominic Sadsacks and Sian the walking fashion disaster anyhoo...but Neil's obsession with him scares me sometimes :wacko: hehehehe)

I found the article really funny to read and I'm pretty sure I've seen his video on YouTube. It seems I have finally found someone else who is Autistic who has the same over-colloquial, informal language use that I do :lol:

I thought it was just me! I'm much better than I was at writing more formally but at his age that is exactly how I used to write :D

Can't believe he was in Harrogate and we didn't know, gaaaaahhhhhh!

Emily

xxx

Guest Lya of the Nox
I found the article really funny to read and I'm pretty sure I've seen his video on YouTube. It seems I have finally found someone else who is Autistic who has the same over-colloquial, informal language use that I do :lol:

I thought it was just me! I'm much better than I was at writing more formally but at his age that is exactly how I used to write :D

Emily

xxx

u seen meggzie's posts ???

text speak and teenage speak all at the same time

x

Edited by Lya of the Nox

Ah pants, can't believe we missed this one!

We usually watch Look North religiously every morning (mostly because Neil is actually in love with the bloke who presents it....don't get me wrong, he's alright, better than Dominic Sadsacks and Sian the walking fashion disaster anyhoo...but Neil's obsession with him scares me sometimes :wacko: hehehehe)

Can't believe he was in Harrogate and we didn't know, gaaaaahhhhhh!

Emily

xxx

If, light of my life, you are referring to Colin Briggs, then I won't hear a word said against the man - he is truly a legend and a billion times better than the patheticness that is Dermot Moghnahan(sp?), Kaplinsky (pah)(although I do realise that she now presents the 6:00 news- can't miss an opportunity to vent my spleen though), Bill Turnbull (smug) and Sian Williams (bland with a capital 'inane'). Who else but 'The Briggs' (now elevated to much the same level as 'The Pope', 'The Queen', 'The Tarby' and 'The Neil') seems to get such fantastic pleasure from telling us where the BBC Busses are going to be each day? :dance:

Just typical though that the day we don't watch Look North, something happens in H'gate and we miss it - boo :shame:

Hehehehe yes well colloquial language and text speak are two different things....even I don't understand text speak!! :lol:

I have seen Meggzie's posts and I must admit I struggle sometimes :D

The ironic thing is that I write a text how I write on here so they end up being 3 pages long and whatnot, but my mum has the text lingo down to a fine art. Only trouble is, she shorthands so much that I often have no flippin idea what the hell she's on about!

We met my mum and dad at Meadowhall Shopping Centre on Sunday and my mum sent a text to tell us how to get to the carpark they were parked on (big place, lots of carparks) and me and Neil were stumped as to what it all meant :lol: If we had followed her instructions we would have ended up in a different country I'm sure!

And yes Neil I'm on about Colin Briggs....though my head seems to have had a slight malfunction when thinking of the main news presenters names. I said Dominic when I was really talking about Bill Turnball :lol: and it really isn't Dominic at all, it's Dermot :wacko:

Oh dear, I think my one remaining brain cell is on the blink :huh:

Emily

xxx

ps love you lots hehehehe

I went to a seminar by Wendy Lawson on Friday and she played Rorys video, it was really good, if you haven't seen it, go and look on you tube. :thumbs:

glad this was of use, my mum lives in harrogate and i grew up there so i would have love to attended but like you guys found out too late