Sign in to follow this  
Tjololo

Autism Spectrum Disorder vs Autistic Spectrum Disorder

There's no real difference that I can see.

A lot of people prefer to call it a condition rather than a disorder because they do not feel that autistic people are disordered, just different. Autism/tic Spectrum Condition is gradually becoming a more widely accepted term.

I have defo seen new fresh details on ASD as Autism Spectrum Condition, and I do agree condition could be reguarded as more suitable name, but if people do refer ASD as different labling it will cause confusion so lets hope that it becomes clearer soon.

JsMum

I have defo seen new fresh details on ASD as Autism Spectrum Condition, and I do agree condition could be reguarded as more suitable name, but if people do refer ASD as different labling it will cause confusion so lets hope that it becomes clearer soon.

JsMum

it might become official,as there has been talk of it and other name changing by experts,eg,changing aspergers to hfa.

have never really seen 'autistic spectrum disorder' before.

it might become official,as there has been talk of it and other name changing by experts,eg,changing aspergers to hfa.

have never really seen 'autistic spectrum disorder' before.

here in Britain its called ASD autistic spectrum disorder.Thats what our consultant labled it and its a term understood by all the professionals we have to meet.

All I knowis that I thought it was an autistic spectrum disorder,until Imet Professor Uta Frith who referred to it as an Autism Spectrum Disorder, I then thought maybe autism spectrum is the correct term but I guess it doesn't matter

Edited by florrie

Erm, not wanting to throw another spanner into this but apparently its not PC to say disorder now and the NAS and other organisations are refering to it as ASC Autistic Spectrum Condition :unsure: