Frangipani

Bird Thief

Hi There :thumbs:

We have these big birds called Currawongs. I noticed one in my backyard trying to get a good grasp of a metal coat hanger - then decided it wasn't quite right or too heavy. :rolleyes: But it didn't end there; it flew onto my clothes line where there was a bundle of coat hangers. Then it picked out another and dropped it to the ground - again, tried to grasp it to fly away - it had another attempt then obviously became very mad so flew back on the lie and pecked and dropped another three to the ground. All up there were 8 coat hangers on the ground. My son wondered what I was laughing at - he is my witness :whistle::thumbs: we both tried to shoo it away - but thats when it showed its 'assertiveness' by dropping another three :ninja::clap::lol::lol::lol: you had to see it to believe it.

:bat::D

Edited by Frangipani

Never heard of one of those so I'm off to google!

Souds like you had great fun at that would be theif's expense!

Currawong - never heard of them but I love the name. :)

I'm intrigued - do you think they're trying to build some kind of transmitter so that they can contact birds in other countries?

If I find a robin in my garden doing the same thing I'll let you know. :lol:

K x

Currawongs!!!???:o

Curra , without the " wong" is my cat's name which I have borrowed as username :lol::lol:

She looks nothing like a crow. She's a real sweetie pie :wub:, as can be seen in my avatar. Stealing socks is her only fault...