soraya

Breaking point

I am now at breaking point, l feel as if l cant go on any more. Nick has jumped out of the minibus again and is missing, he wont answer his phone and the driver said it was my fault!!! Nick was so stressed about getting on the bus this morning that he ask me to call him when he was halfway there to reasure him, I did this and the driver said he jumped out after the call. Everyday i feel sick thinking is he going to get to school, or will he jump out and get hurt. As he was on school transport should they take responsabilty for him?

I am not going to send him anymore as he is at risk from himself, the LEA will have to sort out some home education, as we both cant do this anymore :crying::crying::crying:

Oh Lynona,

You must be devastated and to add insult to the injury the driver is accusing YOU- how dare him.

Has Nick returned- hope he is safe now.

Home education can be an option but both of you need to calm down before thinking about anything.

>:D<<'> >:D< >:D<<'> >:D<

has he returned yet? i got to that stage with steve when he was in last year at mainstream primary,we were both stressed out with it all and one day i took him out and never sent him back,looking back im glad i did as i think we were both heading for breakdowns otherwise but i should have gone to doctors first apparently to sign him off

i dont know if its right thing to be honest to just take them out but we were also breaking point as you are now

good luck love,its all so blimming hard isent it :crying:

Hi everyone, yes Nick came home at 11.30am. I rang the school to say l am sick of putting Nick on the bus only to worry for the next few hours to learn if he is safe. She said we have to keep trying as sometimes he makes it to school. I asked whos responsable for Nick and accountable should there be an accident, but she did not answer me. Poor Nick gets so stressed every morning l just wonder if it is all worth it, the fight has gone out of me, and l hate everything to do with education, l just want to do what Nick does and run away!! :crying:

>:D<<'> glad he,s home safe i trawl through the NAS page and came across this and i wonder if you could use this piece of information

The National Autistic Society (NAS) is backing calls from the Autism Alliance UK for health and social care commissioners to plan better services for people with autism.

NAS director of services Neil McConachie said:

"Lack of efficient planning and poor commissioning practice presently leads to people with autism either receiving services which may not meet their needs, or no services at all. Government needs to work in partnership with the voluntary sector, and greater funding is vital if people with autism and their families are to have access to the support and services they need.

"Autism is much more common than people think, affecting an estimated one in 100 people in the UK. It can have a profound effect on individuals and their families. Every day the NAS helpline takes calls from people affected by autism who cant access the appropriate support and much more needs to be done at a local level to provide the necessary services."

The Autism Alliance UK is launching a campaign on 1 October to encourage those responsible for local services to design appropriate services and demonstrate effective commissioning plans for those people with autism and their families who live in the communities for which they are responsible. For more information about the campaign, visit www.autism-alliance.org.uk