Sign in to follow this  
Tally

Boring

That's what I just got called, because I am not going to the party tonight :crying:

I wish I could go, but I don't have anyone to come with me, and I wouldn't be able to talk to anyone when I got there either, even people I work with. If I went on my own I would just end up by myself looking miserable, not deliberately, but I would forget to make my face look like I was enjoying myself and my face would fall into its natural, miserable, look. And there is nothing more boring than a person a party looking miserable.

I wish I could have said, "no because I wouldn't know how to talk to anyone when I got there," rather than just, "no." I don't mind people knowing that, and I'd certainly prefer they knew that than thought I was boring. But i didn't think to say it at the time.

I told my cat and he just waved his bum in my face and pushed my "to be sorted" pile onto the floor.

That's what I just got called, because I am not going to the party tonight :crying:

Tally - just tell yourself its okay to be boring! My ex SIL called me boring too and it hurt - but these days I have an attitude that 'boring' is an emotion I give myself permission to be. So let it wash over you -its not you - its their issue not yours. I have boring days and I am okay with that! IYKWIM >:D<<'>

I wish I could go, but I don't have anyone to come with me, and I wouldn't be able to talk to anyone when I got there either, even people I work with. If I went on my own I would just end up by myself looking miserable, not deliberately, but I would forget to make my face look like I was enjoying myself and my face would fall into its natural, miserable, look. And there is nothing more boring than a person a party looking miserable.

I often think like this -but once I overcome all these thoughts and get dressed up and get there I often think -thank goodness I went- because I end up having a fabby time. I often look for someone that maybe feeling alone an just say hi and sit or stand with them- then that breaks the ice, and the evening just flows, then others naturally come and join you. Ask them how there week has been - a great starter :thumbs:

I wish I could have said, "no because I wouldn't know how to talk to anyone when I got there," rather than just, "no." I don't mind people knowing that, and I'd certainly prefer they knew that than thought I was boring. But i didn't think to say it at the time.

Don't over analyse the reasons why you can't. Just go to your wardrobe find a good casual outfit you feel good in - shower do your hair in a new style - do something with your make-up - have fun- put some happy music on while dressing - get in the mood. A quick dab of nail polish- don't forget to floss :lol: just go - go and surprise yourself. Give yourself permission to leave early if you find the night boring - at least you would have had some fun - simply dressing up - girl thing :) and you can say I did it.

I told my cat and he just waved his bum in my face and pushed my "to be sorted" pile onto the floor.

Puddy tat will be waiting for a cuddle and an update when you get home - including your forum buddies :thumbs:

Edited by Frangipani

Guest Lya of the Nox

no u not boring!!

at all,

i am not keen on parties

and opt out as much as i can

next time try and pretend u have something else on

list of possible answers:

family visiting

on antibiotics so cant drink anyhow

others will have more

x

I'm not a lover of parties either Tally, especially if I had no one to go with or didn't know the people there really well. I've told you before, I've avoided my DH's works parties for 17 years :thumbs: I tend to agree with Lya too, i'd have some pre thought out excuse ready. Don't feel bad about it, you are who you are >:D<<'>

What a rude and unnecessary thing for them to say.

Boring is what any individual is called who doesn't follow the herd, especially if they are talking about something that 'everyone else' does. I've been called boring because I don't watch soaps or read magazines, but it's never bothered me. Partly now because I have the confidence and indifference of age I suspect.

I never dance at parties, staff functions or weddings.

EVER.

No one can make me, and I enjoy going to such functions to talk, drink and listen to others.

Negative opinions of me that are unjustified are irrelevant to me.

I hope one day you too will be this old and smug!

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

And cats were once Gods, so they know about stuff.

Edited by Bard