jlp

Stressful party

I took ds#1 to a party today - I usually decline party invites unless it's a softplay type one - but he was desperate to go.

It was noisy with loud music and crowded and he ran rampage - touched things he shouldn't, went where he shouldn't, he even found the TV remote and turned the football off and the cartoon network on (cringe) it was a snooker hall so he was obsessed with rolling the balls and they weren't allowed (which was fine but a nightmare with regard to watching ds) If other people spoke to him to tell him to stop doing something he blew and shouted and screamed at them (mostly I was following him around but sometimes wasn't able to get to him quick enough).

There's a lot of people thinking he's a nasty little brat tonight. :crying:

In short it was absolute hell.

I guessed it would be hard but you have to have another try now and again don't you?

Hi

M would have been the same if I took him to that type of party.

And yeh, you have to try and if it does not work out then at least you gave him the chance.

Hugs >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Ohhhh yeah - I know this one! :tearful: C could have gone either way: running around hitting all the other children while growling like rabbid dog OR startled deer impression followed by hiding and/or head banging. The joys of social occasions :rolleyes: .

We are still recovering from the last swimming pool party and another invitation has come in for this Friday - expect a post on Friday evening regarding parties!

Nevermind JLP, we all know how you feel...

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

DS didn't get invited to many parties, he went to one in a pool and in the hall afterwards,

but wouldn't eat anything. So when i picked him up the mother was concerned

and asked if he had a good diet???? I stayed calm and said yes he eats me out of house and

home(what a stupid saying, ha but it fits)....... but is extremely fussy.

(he will only eat marmite sandwiches.... not much else).

Well he rumbled on all night, exploding at the slightest thing and it took twice the usual melatonin dose to get him to sleep - lots of tears because he simply couldn't get over.

I think no more parties for him unless it's a soft play one (still hair raising but he copes much better with those)

I'm left feeling vaguely depressed but it's not G's fault, I knew he was unlikely to cope but he hasn't been to a non-soft play party for years and I thought things would improve (if there'd been space to run and space to get away from the music then it wouldn't have been so bad). Nevermind, onward and upward - I'm seeing my Gp tomorrow for some results and am probably going to ask for some medication to help with anxiety. Even people who do know about G and are nice think I'm a nervous wreck and I am of course.. but there's reason to be!

steve didnt get invited to many parties but when he did i was pleased and nervous at same tome

i hope hes calmer today and good luck at doctors >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

hi, if p gets party invites i or oh or a brother usually go too, just to get him used to some socalizing even if he doesn,t do what everyone else does, last party was to a little boy with ADHD who also had challenges,his family arranged the party for the same reason to help them to be sociable, at the start of the party he prefered to paly with the hosts train set,then when the clown arrived he swung on the tyer tied to a tree rather than sit and watch, though he does, play on bouncy castles now,somehting he wouldn,t do up until last year.he doesn,t queue,we went to a fire station do,where they had inflatable shutes,which ment he had to line up and takes his turn,but p stayed on the shute darting between other kiddies and adults to continue his turn :rolleyes: he doesn,t eat much either ,but they had crips and kitkats there which he happily ate. the party before he left to go for walk with oh,becasue it was too noisey and buzy. and then decided he had had enough and was time to go home. Basically he,s unpredicatble to how he reacts to things,so we go with the flow as it were and find this a lot less stressful