Kazzer

A week away with the school

Hiya all,

I wanted to share , a real postive week with you all

Jc had a week at Sayes Croft, outward bound place, lots of walking building rafts, swimming in the lake with all your clothes on stuff, nature trails - using a compass etc etc , sleeping wth 16 peers in 8 bunks ....

I can tell you me and the DH , where worried , concerned and on the brink of a pull out ... but we did not want to stop JC from going cos the school where being un helpful ----

4 meetings in 8 school days :wallbash::wallbash: - The battle was well fought.....

Head, Deputy head, 2 YR 5 teachers , me my ACE DH and the inclusion manager for the brough -

3 pages of A4 paper later and a 1hr meeting, we had a plan... they Listened and learnt about life with Jc .. B)

Best bit of all - the school did as we asked, JC had a brill time, :)

of course they had moments , but they planned for them, JC had a spot where he could reflect and go on every outing, he had a place while in the building , that was his to be alone if he needed time,

they let him eat 1st all meals, they gave him his chocolate drink, they did an ace job...

best of all Jc loved it.... :clap:

so If you are worried, action plan, and keep chipping away,, we did get our way we did get the correct level of support and it ment our son was included... :thumbs:

My faith in the school - moving up the % ladder once again... :pray:

Have a great rest of the week everyone , we are so pleased in our house with JC as he was away for 4 nights and 5 days.... :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Kazzer,

Really great :thumbs: ,

Mine been to the same place last year with his school and he enjoyed it to bits- it was the sort of adventure completely suitable to his character- We also had to fight for him to go and had similar meetings and plans but it absolutely worth it.