rach04

i hate writing letters

lol im trying (being the operative word :rolleyes: ) to write a letter to senco on why j should go to the sn school and not the school they want him to go too just cause its the feeder school. But my mind keeps going blank have loads of notes but trying to take out the i and we is soooo hard :rolleyes: doesnt help i suppose when you have an attention problem yourself lol

Edited by rach04

Its such a pain isnt it.

Do it in rough first - work out a point for each paragraph.

Take a little break after each paragraph.

Do your final draft.

Leave it 24 hours & have a look at it.

Make any alterations.

Then show it someone you trust to see if they spot anything you havent.

Alter if necessary.

Then send it.

Then have one of these :wine: (After, not before!) :lol:

Its such a pain isnt it.

Do it in rough first - work out a point for each paragraph.

Take a little break after each paragraph.

Do your final draft.

Leave it 24 hours & have a look at it.

Make any alterations.

Then show it someone you trust to see if they spot anything you havent.

Alter if necessary.

Then send it.

Then have one of these :wine: (After, not before!) :lol:

thankyou :notworthy: :notworthy: re points like where i have put ie the need for social skills support and emotional support i should put why? god my head lol

thankyou :notworthy: :notworthy: re points like where i have put ie the need for social skills support and emotional support i should put why? god my head lol

Yes, the more ammo the better. If someone professional has outlined the need, quote them or include their report. Good luck.

thank you i will need it lol . snip have just rang and are going to support me and i have my aunt whos been through the same with her lad i am hoping to have it to him by tomorrow cause of school holidays and i have been advised to send a copy to cyps. more writing for me then :rolleyes: as i dont have a printer at the moment arghhh

Its called writers block, It happened to me too, so I waited until it was bursting out of my head, I also went to see various special schools and as I looked around I knew this wouldnt be available in a Mainstream school, what about talking out loud with a friend and expressing to her why a special school is important and then record the conversation, using a dictaphone, or a tape recorder?

I wrote all mine in one go, it took all night because when its there its loads, set out all different areas of his development, social, learning, emotional, mental, communication, understanding all in a list, have a comparasons list, one side special school one side mainstream and then you will have a clearer view of what it is your trying to access in a SS.

Nas education helpline can also help you place key words and descriptions to what it is your wanting from a Special school.

JsMum

Rachel

My friend told me this and it has served me well in writing letters.

Start the letter addressed to the person with a brief introduction and state your reasons in bullet point format ( this helps busy people see at a glance what your reasons are) then underneath go into greater detail about each point and then at the bottom summarise and thank them for taking the time to read you letter.

Apparently this helps to clarify your reasons in an easier to read format.

Good luck

Nicola

thanks everyone you are stars >:D<<'> >:D< all done photocopied 5 yes 5 times so i cant lose copies :whistle: . Transition form in envelope and also copied ready to send to the school admissions team. :thumbs: .

i will give it to him tonight at parents evening so i know he has it in his hand and cant wriggle out of it

yet again thankyou so much everyone for you help :notworthy:

trans form has been received by lea. they rang me to tell me i HAD to put a mainstream school on the list or if he doesn't get statemented he will be put in any school ummmm no he wont.

Rang senco yesterday to ask him if he had requested assessment and i got the sectary being all snotty with me cause she sat a her desk with a corded phone and told me she couldn't see him and i said no i wouldn't be able to if i was sat in your office and she hung up on me ( why does my mouth run away :whistle: ) :rolleyes: