Sign in to follow this  
paulathomson

i knew i was right....

last year i spent the whole of the year trying to get my sons teacher to 'see' what i could and help me get him referred for a new speech and language assessment and aslo assessment for attention deficit. the teacher said there was nothing wrong with his speech nor his attention span and put this on behaviour checklists.

so i get salt assessment by getting anti.. what do they find? my son has speech age equivalent of 4-5yrs when he was 8.5 yrs...4 years behind. how teacher missed this is beyond me especially as he has stammer.

anyhow as you know he was dx'd in sept with AS, attetnion deficit and also expressive and receptive language delay. ok...just when i think its safe to go back in the water....

ds has appointment at cahms to see consultant again on weds. his new teacher was asked to fill out behaviour checklists for attention because last teacher only completed one...and her opinion if iffy.

so new teacher must have photocopied and give one set to ds's maths teacher. both have filled them in and returned to me today.

his previous teacher..scored him nearly all 0's on the connors and occassional 1. the new teacher has scored his mainly 2's and a 3 on same connors scale.

his maths teacher has also followed the previous teacher ( but they are quite often seen together so that makes me suspicious, but new teacher has come from another school this term)

i just knew i was right all along...i am going to photocopy these docs before handing over to consultant.. might need for future use..

Just a thought...it could be that the teacher's forms are correct as they see him, because a lot of our kids do 'hold everything in' at school and present quite differently there.

Bid :)

Just a thought...it could be that the teacher's forms are correct as they see him, because a lot of our kids do 'hold everything in' at school and present quite differently there.

Bid :)

yes you are right.. but what surprises me is that the same teacher has filled out one form on won day and on the next day has written a report and this is the complete opposite of what she has put on the form..contradicting herself.

two separate teachers have done this very same thing.

plus his new teacher who has 'veriifed' everything i have said.. has also contradited herself on her parents evening document which i have a copy. on a paragraph at the top of page it says that ds can listen and follow instructions perfectly and then further down it says that he has difficulties with this and is now his main target for the year !!!