Sign in to follow this  
KateBall

pdd (nos)

I believe it is widely used in USA, but I just wondered if this phrase - pdd (nos) was ever used in this country as a diagnosis. Pervasive Development Disorder - Not otherwise Specified.

Has anyone / any of your children been given this diagnosis?

My daughter has a diagnosis of PDD-NOS or Atypical Autism as her consultant prefers to describe her. For a long long time it was very hard to accept this diagnosis as to me it was the all covering diagnosis but without actually knowing what was going on. Previously she was give an interim diagnosis of DAMP, at the time that was the "in" diagnosis of choice for the consultant.

I do accept this more now especially knowing other children who have a similar diagnosis. At first I thought it may prevent us from getting services and support, but actually we are getting lots of help and support now which we have had to fight for, but then again, everyone else has to as well.

Hi everyone, our son was given the diagnosis PDD-NOS about 2 years ago now and ive had no problem getting the help ive needed.

Jayne xx (our son is 7)