Sign in to follow this  
Tally

AAARRRGH!!!

Every day last week the Ex left me answerphone messages asking for his money, his financial settlement. Our house is being transferred to me, and he gets his money once the transfer is complete. As far as I know the solicitors are dealing with it. Last I heard was 3 weeks ago and they were waiting for a form to be returned from his solicitor, and only after that they can set a date for completion.

I didn't answer the phone to him. The messages got nastier and nastier. In the end he knocked on the door. I knew it would be him, but I knew I couldn't pretend to be out, so I had to answer. It was early evening and I didn't think he would be drunk yet, and it turned out he wasn't, so that was OK.

He said that his solicitor had to return the form to my solicitor as there was a mistake on it, and it took my solicitor 6 weeks to correct it. I told him he may have grounds for a complaint then. He said his solicitor has advised him to sue me for the interest he could have been earning and compensation. Why sue me? I didn't make a mistake. I just did what my solicitor told me and I have their letters to prove it. So I'm not worried about it because I know I am in the clear. Although I am worried about it because, well, you would be, wouldn't you.

Then he rang again just now. Again I ignored it and waited for him to leave a message. He says his solicitor says we have completed the transfer and he should have had his money several days ago, and that the amount goes up by 8% per day, and he was ringing because he didn't want me to be out of pocket :lol:

OK, my decorator has just left I can ring the solicitor now.

Oh honey, men can be annoying!!!!

I cant say what I would get to say to him on here, because they would

fill it up with ######################!!!!

I hope it sorts itself out soon, and you are able to live a free and happy life x

A free life would be really nice!

We split up in December, although things were pretty awful since October, and the divorce process was started in January. He finally moved out in June and the divorce was finalised near the end of June. The financial settlement was finalised in September. He gave me no money at all since December and he never gave a fair contribution in the 5 years we lived together. I don't feel like he has a right to anything, but that's not how the law works, and there are 2 sides to every story . . .

Anyway, he said that his solicitor has been ringing my solicitor every day for the past 2 weeks and they are not returning her calls, so she has also tried emailing and writing, and still got no reply.

So I rang my solicitor just now, and she says she is waiting to hear from his solicitor that he has signed the Transfer (of ownership of house) Form. I asked about the phone calls and she says she would have had messages left, and that many messages could not possibly get lost. But she said she would ring his solicitor tomorrow and get back to me about what's happening. I asked if the amount I have to pay him could really be going up by 8% a day and she said no, so that's one less thing to worry about!

I rang the Ex back because he would only have called and called while I was away. I told him my solicitor has not heard from his, and he got all angry. I said that my solicitor was going to ring his tomorrow and I can't tell him anything more until I hear back. It sounds like there has been some kind of massive breakdown in communication somewhere, but it is getting sorted now.

Then he asked me how I got on in my Computing AS Level that I took last year. And then he said he wants to take me out for a drink :wacko:

I am hoping it will all be over by Christmas, done and dusted within a year would be nice. I would like to feel like 2008 is the year that things are going to get better. 2007 has been pretty awful, but it has been awful because of the things I have had to do to make my life better in the long term. Life has been so much better since he moved out, so even though it's not over yet, there have been really good things happen. When I got the Decree Absolute I knew it was a really big deal, but I didn't feel like celebrating because I knew there was still so far to go. It just felt like another little step along the way, but now I feel like it was a really significant step.

I just want rid of him, and I can't believe it takes this long to convince someone that you really don't want anything more to do with them.

Tally, sounds like he is continuing to make things akward for you and perhaps not quite ready to get out of your life, as Baggy has said you are handling the situation very well. He really should not be bothering you with all the house transfer stuff, best left to the solicitors....don't get involved.

Hope things work their way out soon and that you will be able to build a fresh start in 2008.

Clare x x x