Nic m

I have a date on friday night!

GO FOR IT!!!!!!!

It has happened to me recently and OMG has it boosted my 'feelgood' senses!!!! especially after my ex has been threatening to call social services for going out and leaving the kids 'home alone'. I actually felt brave and laughed and told him to go ahead. 2 things could happen

1. he is laughed at - kids are 10, 16 (aspie) and 18 (in 2 weeks) - think the 18 year old can cope with the 10 yr old and 16 yr old is quite able to be alone (she is most days while we are all at work/school)

2. They insist that he has youngest 2 to stay more often - a win win situation for me and youngest. 10 yr old would love to split his week between me and his Dad as he is devoted to both of us. I get a bit of respite in weeks when 16 yr olds rages have been almost too much to cope with!!!

Gail :cheers:

:clap::clap:

I have new years to myself too this year - first one for a loooong time.

AND i have a new house (moving just before xmas - eeeek!) so it'll be happy days all around :D

I'm thinking about a new years / housewarming partay... Am i brave enough?? :ph34r:

Fingers crossed the drink was because he was nervous! :unsure::lol:

>:D<<'>

Meant to pop in over the weekend to read yuor update but have had a bit of a hetic one really glad it went well have you had any further text messages what did you wear and was there a snog at the end of the night!!! I will apologise in advance for my nose i just love to be nosey!! x x

No snog, quick peck on the cheek at meeting and when leaving, both of these i did! i would do this naturally meeting my friends so i just did it without thinking. No text today so far but he said midweek he would call to arrange something.

My goodness, smiley you should have a party! what a great time to do it!

I will keep you all updated, i glanced at my mobile a few times today hoping for a text! I cannot believe how much fun this part is waiting and guessing updating i love it, very girly.

Nic

I love sharing it with you, such an exciting girly thread ! I remember before mobiles when you had to sit beside the telephone and check every now and then it was still working :lol:

Clare x x x

PS ~ Smiley, what a great time to have a party new house, new year and all that ! :balloon:

Bit of an update ladies,

i could not wait, i texted today and asked if he wanted to meet up on friday! he texted back to say he was busy for the next few weekends, sorry!

Ah well back to the simple life!

I am now going to the shindig at the square for st andrews day with my friend on friday so at least i have something nice planned.

Nic

Bit of an update ladies,

i could not wait, i texted today and asked if he wanted to meet up on friday! he texted back to say he was busy for the next few weekends, sorry!

Ah well back to the simple life!

I am now going to the shindig at the square for st andrews day with my friend on friday so at least i have something nice planned.

Nic

thats the spirit girlie,you enjoy yourself friday night and we expect an update on saturday please :thumbs: what with mumbles mystery man in the canteen and your social life its like a soap opera,i love these updates :clap::clap:

Bit of an update ladies,

And if he rings or texts you.... YOU tell HIM you're busy for the next few years... sorry! :lol:

Now listen... haven't you read 'the rules'??? NEVER EVER ring a bloke... :shame:

His loss :P

flozza :D

I know i know thats the way you should do it! but i cant be bothered waiting, i had a nice time and i guess i shall put it down to experience.

I love waiting to read on what mumble is up to now its great fun.

Nic x

I love waiting to read on what mumble is up to now its great fun.

Nic x

:unsure::unsure: Not sure what the relevance of that is Nic :unsure::lol:

Sorry, flora this is me reading all the posts and joining them together in my head! i have been following mumbles aspie radar and have enjoyed her updates and i have joined the replies together!

Nic

Nic,

Sorry to hear Irish Man was not very forthcoming with his text :(

But great to hear you have plans for Friday night, I seem to be mixing up all the thread too, I agree, I am watching this space with the Mumble thing and your trip to London...... its all so gripping.

Far better than any telly soap, we have our very own online forum one :lol::lol::lol:

Take care Hun, >:D<<'>

Clare x x x

Thanks Clare,

i am looking forward to going out, i loved getting dressed up for a night out.

it's fun isn't it i love hearing what everyone is up to.

Nic

No Lya, i just love getting dressed properly.

Glasgow are putting on some things for St Andrews Day today but i just love any excuse to go all out with the hair, make-up and dress.

My wardrobe is often raided by my sisters and friends because i have a lovely collection of beautiful dresses and they know they will always find something for a special night out.

Weather is very wet at the moment so i will be going to a pub indoors instead of George Sq.

Nic

Clare,

i stayed out till 2:30 am!!!!!!!!

We had a great time first we went round to our friend who is due her 3rd baby soon, so not up to going out, had a great wee gab .her hubby laughed so much at me and mary.

He said he felt sorry for any bloke attempting to chat to us! (this was said in jest)

We then went to a pub, then on to a club! woohoo still had time for a chippy on the way home.

Now i am off to get ready for the next instalment of my busy social life. (for about two months of the year so much goes on then the rest is very quiet)

I am off to my sister's friend's 40th birthday party so it is a new dress tonight along with the fake tan painted nails and high heels!

I love it but i tell you the weather is putting me off but the chance to twirl in my party dress, well that feeling just never goes!

Hope you are all having a great Saturday night.

Nic

Nic,

Glad to hear you had a good time, off out again tonight...... tutt tutt ( I am only jealous ;) ), you're having a bit of a social whirl at the moment and that's just as it should be, you work hard all week, so its great to get the opportunity to let your hair down and party.

I could do with going to a "do" where I could dress up, I am out next Friday but its more of a jeans thing, maybe I could pop on a sparkly top !

Hope you have a good time tonight :balloon: , look forwarding to heraing all about it tomorrow.

Clare x x x

Hi Nic,

Sorry to hear your Irish bloke wasn't more forthcoming! :unsure:

I love to get all dolled up for a night out, haven't done it in ages. I haven't had many nights out in Glasgow as it's difficult to get back through to Edinburgh, the trains only run til a certain time.

I must do it sometime though and book a travelodge or something!!

I feel a night out coming on!!

Hope your social life continues, it does make all the difference to get some time out!

Kirstie.

Well everyone last night was great! It's nice to go out with people you know and have a boogie.

My gorgeous new dress finally got an outing, i had a ball and again did not get home 'til the wee small hours. Soxy boy (dog) was crossing his legs by the time i got home so i gave him an extra long walk today to make up for it!

Pearl, after many disasters with fake tan i'm a bit of a dab hand with it now, it still does not go well with my nice white bedding though!

Clare sparkly top is a good idea!

Kirstie Edinburgh probably is just as good for a night out, when me and my friends go through to the theatre it looks pretty good.

Mumble, i am suffering now for the late nights Shopping on a Sunday afternoon, cleaning out the rabbits! Ironing etc not fun when you have a bit of a hangover, more to do with lack of sleep than overindulgence though!

Hope you all had a nice weekend.

I am going to settle down tonight to watch Cranford, i'm loving it! perfect Sunday night t.v.

Nic

Thanks Nic for the up date, I so love hearing your adventures. When's you next outing then ????

Enjoy putting for feet up tonight, sounds like one girlie could do with a night in :lol:

Clare x x x

Clare, i should have been going to hear my niece singing tonight but it was a very naughty aunty who cried off tonight!

Next weekend is a candle party! (very overpriced candles at a friends house, if enough people buy the host/ess get enough sales they get percentage to spend on the product) It is another volunteer at my dd's swimming club who is having this on Friday so i shall look forward to sitting down with everyone and catching up over a wee glass of wine.

And heaven help Glasgow city centre on Sunday night, it is my Christmas night out! I have just opened a shop a few months ago and a lot of the traders go out for a proper night out.

This will be strange as i know a few of the people well, but have never been out socially with them and the rest i say hello to but not much else.

Any excuse though to dress up and it will be glam, glam glam, there are hairdressers, beauticians, boutique owners travel agents and me can you imagine the fumes of perfume, body lotion and hairspray!

Nic

Stop it Stop it Stop it.......... I am sooooo jealous, I wanna get glammed up :(

No not really, well yes I do wanna get glammed up, but don't stop telling me all your adventures.

What sort of shop have you got ? at first I read it that you "opened" a shop, ie cut the ribbon and declared the shop open like a celeb :lol::lol::lol:

Clare x x x

Clare, i love telling you all this, it makes my life seem far more glam than it really is!

It is a baby shop, although i call it a boutique! sounds posh and people seem to prefer to shop in a boutique!

I did have an opening party with champers and snacks which was a good laugh, heading off to the local deli/cafe for more drinks and food when it got too late to stay in the shop.

Make sure you put on a wee bit of sparkle for friday.

Nic

Nic,

Every time I see that advert on the telly, hope you know the one, its for a H/St Chemist "Here comes the girls....." I think of you all glammed up !

Got some really lovely black knee length boots with a high heel and a silver buckle on the side, so might wear those as for the rest of my outfit, have not quite decided yet !!!!

Baby boutique sounds lovely.... boutique rather than shop, well I would expect nothing less from you, are you "Posh" of the north ;)

Clare x x x

Nope, common as muck.

East end born and bred. Shop is out of necessity, my stress levels were rising in my last job so something had to give.

Did some research on what was needed in local area and heh presto (well two years later) the shop was born.

Knee high boots sound good, i think you just might be getting ready to sparkle.

Nic.