di30

Update on SEN classes

Hi all. :thumbs:

An update regarding my son Daniel.

Today he was officially moved to the SEN class instead of yesterday, this is full time as arranged to meet Daniel's needs.

Its a change from 35 or more in a class now down to 15 including himself.

Although he has a new timetable, its a very huge school, so now in different classes for each lesson like last time but he is basically starting all over again, even though he is in yr 8, his head of yr had taken him to the first lesson, and from there Daniel thought he would just follow his group then to the other lessons.

Whilst doing this he lost track of where they went due to other lessons moving from class to class, then sat himself in a class where lots of other pupils were coming in, he realised after about 10 mins he was in the wrong class, it was german lol :lol: , and not English like he supposed to have gone too.

Daniel was too quiet to say anything and the teacher asked if he was new, he said quietly he went to the wrong class and didn't know where to go, so the head of yr turned up and taken him to the class where he should have gone. 'Bless him'. :unsure:

I'm so glad he sees the funny side of this........and within a few days he should hopefully get used to where he's got to go.

I must say though he seems to be happier today, lets hope it lasts, as its been a battle for the last year to sort this out due to his high levels of anxiety.

Will keep you posted, fingers crossed he will settle better at night. :thumbs:

Di.

xxx

Daniel quite cheery again today, :thumbs: , but he did have more help by finding the right classrooms lol, between SENCO and the Head of Yr, they have taken in turns to be sure he gets to his new lessons okay.

Homework not so harsh like it was in mainstream classes so this has been a great help, especially with his Anxieties, I do really think now that SENCO realises this is what they should done ages ago by moving Daniel into SEN classes, its been a struggle for him, and sleep..........what was that ?? :tearful: , lets hope he starts settling down in the nights too. :thumbs:

Cheers.

Di. xxx

Daniel quite cheery again today, :thumbs: , but he did have more help by finding the right classrooms lol, between SENCO and the Head of Yr, they have taken in turns to be sure he gets to his new lessons okay.

Homework not so harsh like it was in mainstream classes so this has been a great help, especially with his Anxieties, I do really think now that SENCO realises this is what they should done ages ago by moving Daniel into SEN classes, its been a struggle for him, and sleep..........what was that ?? :tearful: , lets hope he starts settling down in the nights too. :thumbs:

Cheers.

Di. xxx

Hi Di,

I'm glad daniel is more settled today and I'm glad he is getting a bit more support.

Big hugs Di..... >:D<<'>

Anne