Sign in to follow this  
soraya

Nothing works!!!

Well, we have just got back from our CBT session, what a joke, as soon as the therapist started to talk to Nick about things that made him uncomfortable he legged it!!!. He ran out of her house and did not come back for an hour, l was really fed up as we need to sort out his OCD but he wont talk to anyone. To make things worse this was a private therapist and l still had to pay �45, and he was only with her for 20mins!! I am really fed up with it all, cant seem to cope very well at all, we really need a break from each other as he is not in school, all l seem to do is nag him to get on with schoolwork, and then he wont do it, gets violent and runs away!! I wish l could run away and do a Shirley Valentine!! Anyone want to come with me :crying::crying:

Hang on Soraya, I'll pack my bags I'll come with you, OMG wouldn't it just be wonderful escape sometimes. Understand how you feel about needing a break when they are out of school, we are in the same boat.

I was wondering what treament they had in mind for his OCD, my son has OCD but our psycharatrist says that as it's not an obession to avoid bad things happening but a behaviour which acts a comfort/control. We had to work on time he spent doing his obession and told not to try and stop it, but just try to manage how long he spent doing it. Its probably nothing like what Nick has, but hate to think of you wasting such huge sums of money on something that may not work.

>:D<<'> Clare x x x x

Hi Claire, l dont know what sort of therapy CBT is, l know they try to alter the way the mind thinks, it is meant to be very good but you have to be open and discuss things, but unfortunately Nick is not ready for it. His OCD is very bad at the moment, along with puberty and ASD, l just want to crawl into a hole and hide!!!

I wish l could run away and do a Shirley Valentine!! Anyone want to come with me

hi soraya >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

J is in school but when he is home it can be very intense, especially mornings before school, only Monday I dropped him off and had to speak to the teacher, but I didn't get that far I saw the secretery and promptly burst into tears :crying::crying: So I had the head teacheeer instead to talk to, which in a way it helps as she now knows how bad things can be/are at home.

And I'm in the middle of packing my bags now where shall we go, mmm somewhere hot, where we won't be found till they are 18!!!!!!!!!! :thumbs::thumbs:

kellyanne x x

Is it silly to suggest that the therapist comes to your home where Nick feels comfortable. There are lots of professionals doing this now because it can help to decrease the stress and anxiety that they child or adult feels when going into unfamiliar situations.

CAt

Well thats three of us, l have always wanted to go to barbados, is that far enough away!!!! :D:D

dont forget me lovey,im in :dance::dance::dance: