Tally

Dopey Cat

Mr Cat is getting old now. He's almost 15, his bones creak and he's almost deaf. The poor old chap gets cold in the winter, and sneaks under the duvet with me. It's really cute, but he stays there for hours and I worry I will roll over and squash him. Today I woke up to him stomping all over me, mewing loudly. As I came to he was walking around in circles under the duvet. The daft old git couldn't find his way out! :lol:

Tally he is lovely. I have a cat who is nearly 20 years old. He has no tail as it had to be romoved when he was younger after getting a nasty beating from an unknown neighbour. He used to steal large coi carp from ponds and got caught one day. He had a broken pelvis, tail and damaged spine.

But he is still going, I was going to say strong but he is very wobbly now. His back legs give way and he is going blind and deaf. But boy can he still eat. The down side to that is he can poo too and does it when and where he feels like it.

We will all miss him when he's gone though. He has been a big part of our lives for so long. All the kids have known him all their lives. 20 years is along time.

This is giving me so much hope..I think that B would miss his father far less than his cat should there be a death in our family.

More stories about cats that are 25 and need their Felix pre-chewed please.

Ginger and white tom cats are our favourite!

Ewwww! i bet he pongs when he's damp! all that fur!

As for rolling on him, bet he'll meow loud enough to wake you if there's a real problem, so stop worrying and get some kip! :lol:

Ewwww! i bet he pongs when he's damp! all that fur!

Well, given a choice between sharing a bed with a man or a cat, I think you've made the right decision Tally!

Looking at the size of him, maybe you should be more worried about him rolling over on you! :lol: Aw, he's adorable and looks so cozy and snuggly in that pic. :D

~ Mel ~

He doesn't get damp! He's a great big mummy's boy who doesn't like rain. He struggles with the cat flap these days, but if I open the door he goes out and sits on the patio for a minute or two once in a while, but one speck of rain and he's back inside!

He can't wash properly any more, so he does whiff a bit sometimes. I have to give him a wipe down with a flannel.

He's not very big. He's a skinny little thing really. I feed him bacon rinds and clotted cream, but he just stays skinny. It's the fluff that makes him look big.

Mr Cat is not likely to live to be 20, although I would love it if he did. He was severely neglected and underfed for the first 10 years of his life. I've had him 4 years now, and he has dramatically aged in the past year.

He doesn't get damp! He's a great big mummy's boy who doesn't like rain. He struggles with the cat flap these days, but if I open the door he goes out and sits on the patio for a minute or two once in a while, but one speck of rain and he's back inside!

He can't wash properly any more, so he does whiff a bit sometimes. I have to give him a wipe down with a flannel.

He's not very big. He's a skinny little thing really. I feed him bacon rinds and clotted cream, but he just stays skinny. It's the fluff that makes him look big.

Mr Cat is not likely to live to be 20, although I would love it if he did. He was severely neglected and underfed for the first 10 years of his life. I've had him 4 years now, and he has dramatically aged in the past year.

Fluffybum was just like that to-everyone said he must be getting fed by all the neighbours as well but he was very skinny underneath all his hair.

He was also neglected and underfed to [his dinner before am took over looking after him was scraps thrown out the window as he wasn't allowed inside the womans home,and lived outside under a bush],he died in October and people have told am he was well over fifteen.

MrCat looks like a young boy,no way would am have thought he was an older gent.

Edited by TuX