Sign in to follow this  
di30

Awarded higher rate DLA

Just to let you know after a review request my son has been finally awarded 'high rate care' and still keeps his low mobility rate of DLA :thumbs:

Its been a battle for almost the last yr where they awarded him in September after an appeal both low rates from the claim made last DEC 2006, but requested for a review a month on or more to review/suppersession on the grounds of detoriation.

Anyone let down.......don't give up and keep fighting, its what your kids are entitled to. :thumbs:

So go for it.

Di. xx

Di,

Thats brilliant news, well done for fighting (though really you should not have had to, you should have been awarded this in the first place)

I hope they have made the award up until he's 16 so that you would have to go through all this again in a long while.

I am so pleased for you, you will no doubt now be an inspiration to others.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:>:D<<'> >:D<<'> :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Clare x x x

WOW that is Fantastic News,

This sure has cheered me up and it goes to show that we as the mummy's and Daddy's really do have to fight for our children because when the outcome is the child gets what they are entitled to it makes a massive difference, I wouldnt be able to do any of the things with J if he didnt get his DLA the same as yours, so you have done really well, it shouldnt have to be this way, sadly it is, I am really really pleased for you, it will make lots of difference, I say that with all my troubles lately but still it does help with helping them while other services are not.

I hope that the renewal is just automatic now, especially as they will see you will go all the way, amazing girl.

JsMum

Lol, thank you all for your kind replies. :thumbs:

It was originally awarded from this year until 2011 now to 2013, he will be 13 in January, so quite a long award really, but I do know they tend to review when they want to too. :rolleyes:

Never mind we got there at last and now lots can be done for his bedroom, the electrics in his room have had to be put in to safety as he done some damage :tearful: he can only use the light switch for now and he is on and off with that all the time, but we are due to get the electrical works done and all new switches etc will be built in out of harms way :rolleyes: ,

He is just fasincated with electrcal things and best be safe than sorry, we must have eyes on our bums here lol :lol: with him, I know he's growing up into a teenager shortly but at least we can relax a bit now knowing things can be done.

We are opening a new account for him too. :D

Anyone else waiting to hear.........the very best of luck..........you will get there. :thumbs:

Thank you all. :D

Di,

Just read your post above (10.26am) I must say how lovely it was to read, you sound so happy and positive this is obviously one less weight to carry on your shoulders, lets hope this is a turning point for you.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Clare x x x

Thank you hun. :thumbs:

I now feel Daniel is having what he really should of been having the first time round.

Never mind.......got there finally lol :clap: .

Good luck to everyone else in the process of doing this too. :thumbs:

As I said before, don't give in.......its what your child is entitled to. :thumbs:

Di. xx :D

Di, i think you should be a rep for people trying to get DLA ;) lol

Seriously though, as i said in the PM - brilliant news & about time too!!! >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Caroline xxx

Hi Caroline :thumbs: .

Me......rep ??? :lol: .......thank you hun.......I really don't mind helping all I can.......it was me asking the questions last year about DLA, and to be honest it was for being on here that I kept on battling the DLA, its so annoying when your child is not awarded to what they really deserve and with me I will not give up that easy, it really works and if you fight......you win :thumbs: .

So my opinion still stands.........for everyone who have had to fight, appeal no matter how many times just don't give in, your child deserves this :thumbs::clap: .

'Aww' sorry to hear of the Nintendo Wii.......be nice if they suddenly had a another big order in before xmas, we were just lucky, there were one left by the time we reached the game shop, so really 'more than lucky' lol.

Is there another alternative instead of this.....perhaps a nintendo DS or something alike ?

Good luck hun, I wil PM you before xmas to wish you well with this and that and xmas. :thumbs:

(((hugs))).

Di. xxx :D