mumble_rocks

I am going for it!!!

Sorry havent posted in a while!

Anyway spoke to optitions about wearing my tinted glasses more and not just for reading. So I am now waiting for them to be made with a tint and not a reading prescription these are due for collection tomorrow! :rolleyes:

But, I am really nearvous about wearing them, in class I wear them with out a second glance of anyone any more but I never wear these around college until now! How do I deal with any comments? Will I get funny looks? Are people gonna be more annoyed that they cant see my eyes not that there ever looking at them any way! :whistle:

I am really nearvous and thinking is this really such a great idea?

I wore my reading ones with a tint in all my classes last week and didnt walk into any tables, fall of any chairs, walk into any doors nor fall over! Its like the dyspraxia has gone! :dance: Hope this stays this way!

I may be looked upon being a lil :partytime:(mad) round college! Ummm...... really trying to weigh up the pos and negs now

You're only know by trying :)

It would take a heck of a lot for me to give mine up - I love them :clap: :clap: For the first time in my life I don't have constantly bruised elbows, I can see people, make eye contact, cross the road without the green man, and they also help partially with my other sensory issues.

Yes I've had some grief from ignorant peeps (including the disability advisor in my department :angry:) but they simply don't understand, and don't want to understand. I know what a difference they can make, and that is enough for me.

I really hope they help you. :) I would make sure you give them a good couple of weeks trial - it took me a long time to get used to mine.

Guest Lya of the Nox

well meggzie does love hers

when she remembers them ( she is under tremendous strain atm, and i keep forgetting too)

and i have to say the days she made it to school she has not come back saying peeps have taken *iss

and funnily enough when out shopping in town yesterday i saw a mother wearing blue tints?

i will try and get meggz to look here, and respond herself

me thinks tho i could do with some i am covered in bruises and have no idea where from :(

try it and see

it could be very worth it

x

Hi MR,

Just go for it, you'll never know till you try and as for ignorant people !!!???!!! think I would just say that I wear then for medical reasons and leave it at that. Good luck.

>:D<<'> Clare x x x

hello

i have tinted glasses too i were them at school and yes you will get the odd look every know and then but most people have just accepted it.

its just the matter of wherein them with pride every one in my school think that they rock but don't worry if you do get funny looks its just people judging you witch in the long run if they don't know you they shouldn't judge you if you're friends accept it then that's all that matters and most of the time i get comments like cool shades and such they will be good ones but its very rare that you will get bad remarks but there just smelly and don't understand

just be you're self and proud of it!

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Thanks all! I got the phone call this morning to say they were in I just gotta wait until I can collect them! Going to ask Mum if she can collect them on Monday as I have a hike that afternoon and then skiing on dryslope on the tuesday! I love your quote Meggzie 'just be you're self and proud of it!' Iam going to remeber that when someone says something! :)

Sorry all, computer died just after posting, so I have had to get a new computer!

Anyway, I got them and went for it!!! WOWOWOWOW what can I say I have had them for a couple of weeks now and no walking into doors or anything! I was explaining to mum the difference and said 'you know when your walking down the road and you step of the kerb without knowing' well that doesnt happen any more, and 'you know when your walking and you bump into people' it doesnt happen anymore either! Mum just laughed and said wow it really does make a difference then! Since then I have been running up and down the stairs (to my TA's disgust!) and then we went on this litle ferry that goes from Gosport to Portsmouth and normally I am all over the place I went across without holding on! :) I also ran up and down the stairs while the ferry was moving :)

I love them sooooo much!

They sound perfect :thumbs: It's surprising sometimes what a huge difference can be gained from such a small change, I'm so glad that your new specs are doing you so much good :D

I love them sooooo much!

:thumbs::clap: :clap:

Amazing, isn't it? I wore mine all Christmas at home despite the agro I got, because the benefits are so life-changing I wouldn't give them up to save a bit of argument. Being shouted at was a small price to pay for the change the glasses make :thumbs:

I also ran up and down the stairs while the ferry was moving :)

Now that one I'll have to try!!! :lol: :lol:

Pleased to hear that the tinted glasses are helpful MR. Our eldest wore them (before losing them!) at school. He's 14, NT, and didn't come in for any flak from his peers. Infact most of the classmates who commented, thought they were "cool". Our eldest dd has some too, but so far has refused to wear them. She doesn't like the feeling of having glasses on her face. Our youngest dd is off to an OT appointment in Jan, for probs with walking into doors, people, shelves in shops, etc.

Hi glad the tinted glasses are going really well! you should wear them if that makes life better for you! who cares what others think!! I am sure you will look cool anyhow!!

I wear glasses, mainly for driving/tv etc but my eyes are starting to get worse so may wear them for longer periods. I have astigmatisms in my eyes and get effected by light. my eyes were really straining today so I wore them most of the day and must say felt better for it!!

bagpuss I can relate to your dd! It is hard getting used to glasses on your face, sometimes feels they get in the way lol!