Sign in to follow this  
rach04

update!!

right what haven't i done lol.

went and viewed local units and none were suitable for him so filled out the transition forms for local sn school. I have done the rsa and i am just gathering evidence a feat in its self :unsure:

Ed psych wrote a report first one she had done in 2 years and it was all poop, it said for starters that the school noticed his clumsiness in reception and it wasnt it was his nursery ( different town)and he was diagnosed with dyspraxia in the summer between nursery and school. ###### glory seekers!!!

Got a letter from transition team to say if i didn't nominate another school he would be placed in any school so i wrote a lovely letter back giving my reasons for him not being able to attend these schools and that ANY school wouldn't take him (ive checked) and as i have given valid reasons for him not to be able to go to these school they were more than welcome to suggest a alternative.

Senco and me had words again because he said that i HAVE to take him to the library in town either in the evening or at weekends. Evenings are now to dark (i live on a rough estate) and weekends the library is packed and j has anxiety attacks when in groups of people.Senco then said we have no such problems at school and i asked him calmly and politely how many times had he taken j to the supermarket on a saturday morning because i really welcomed this respite :whistle: He then procceded to tell me that j would "just have to get over it" Infront of j so i turned around, mumbled a swear word and walked away from him :wallbash:.

Also j is still going on about this

http://www.asd-forum.org.uk/forum/index.ph...mp;#entry178848

which was also his fault.

school were supposed to have done a rsa in september and they still havent done it because they are having a snt in at the mo to teach j social skills. Hes been having him now for 6 weeks and i can honestly see no difference in they way he acts with other kids. We have had no iep this term because they didnt know what to put on it without the snt there!!! oh and the new ep is pants just sits there nodding his head and agreeing with senco even though he has never ever met j. But because he has read up on him from the other ep report!!!!

School found out that i was applying for statement this week and they want me to go and sign some paperwork at 11am monday dont know if they are panicking or its the iep.

If it is their Rsa can i ask for copies of it??

think thats it for now :lol: sorry

Sorry to ask what is probably an obvious question....what is an rsa please ? Karen.

request for statutory assessment. Its the paperwork basically that goes to children and young persons services for a statement

Edited by rach04

If you have already applied for an assessment, there is no point in the school applying for one as well. If it is to sign the IEP, make sure you date it with that day's date.

Why do you have to take him to the library? School cannot tell you what to do out of school.

Has the snt told you what they are doing in social skills, so you can reinforce it at home?

had no feedback at all about snt only what kids in his class have told me :rolleyes:

exactly what i told the school about the library but they want a 100% record for the school joining :rolleyes:

If it is the rsa my aunt has told me not to sign it and either bring it home to read to her over the phone or make another appointment for tuesday so she can come in and see it to (shes busy monday)