Sign in to follow this  
Flora

Away for a few days

Because we had to cut our summer holiday short due to a crisis with Bill, I'm taking Ben to Disney Land tomorrow. got a friend who works in the travel industry so we got a cheap deal (first class on the Euro Star), and she's taking her son too. Only going for 4 days. The last time we went when Ben was only 5 he spent the whole week fainting and couldn't stand the noise and hated every minute of it. He's now 10 and is much more robust about these things now so I am hoping he will have happier memories to bring home with him.

'See' you all when I get back..

Flozza :thumbs:

We're back... and despite the fact that it was bitterly cold we had a fabulous time. Thank goodness I was with an experienced Disney Lander though... otherwise I think Ben and I would have missed out on the fun as I was totally confused about where things were and where to find stuff etc.... but we had a brilliant time and Ben really opened up and got into it all.

AND I was one of the first 'lucky' folk to try out the new ride... The Tower of Terror. It's a high rise mock hotel with the ride being the twilight zone dodgey lift!!!!! It was marvellous. We rushed back to go on again the next day only to find out that it had been open to the public for one day only and until the 11th January it's only open for VIP's. So I felt quite chuffed that we'd had the chance to try it out. Absolutely terrifying and I couldn't speak very well afterwards due to all the screaming, but it was flippin' fantastic!

A word of warning to anyone going there soon, the other new ride which is the Shell ride for some Disney movie (Cush's big adventure??? can't remember the name) which looks like a gentle ride in a shell surrounded by visuals of under the sea, but is in actual fact a very fast and scary roller coaster which does loops and figures of 8... I didn't like it at all.... don't like spinning... but the tower of terror which only goes up and down (at about a million miles an hour) was ok 'cos no spinning.

The Euro star was boring but Ben thought it was fab.

Flora XX