oxgirl

They've been 'at it' again!!

Yep, those randy snails have been at it again! Today we found ANOTHER baby slithering around!! Hehe, I'd like to catch them at it! :lol:

Can anyone tell me how to put a picture in a post 'cos I'd love to show you guys these lickle ickle babies! :wub:

~ Mel ~

Forum doesn't allow you to add pictures. There are a few sites where you can upload pictures for free though and then you can just provide us a link. Photobucket is a site used by a few of the members here (and I think I put some of mine up there. Would have to sort through some of the old posts here to check.) If they're jpgs it should just be a case of selecting upload and choosing the file. You might need to register for the site first though.

I assume you have a digital camera. If you do find a cable that can link it to the PC. Then copy the required picture onto the computer and make sure you know where to find it.

Then register here: http://photobucket.com/ (The register link is on the top right of the page)

Is a fairly simple sign up process. You will probably have to check your email to activate your account.

Then log in to your account at photobucket.

Top centre there will be three buttons that say browse. Click on one of them.

Find the picture you want to upload then click the big upload button. Then you can give us the link to your album.

Hope that helps. :)

Cheers, David! :thumbs:

Hehe, I know Baggy, they're certainly keen aren't they! :o We're gonna be overrun with the slimy critters at this rate. :lol:

~ Mel ~

Ahhh... You might have a problem catching them at it...

Many species of snails are hermaphrodites, so may be they're just doing their own thang? :lol::lol:

Mind you, of the varieties that DO do it boy/girl fashion some put on a stunning display...

they pass alongside of one another moving in opposite directions and then FIRE their 'penises' into one another's shells (a bit like two galleons having a cannon battle at sea) and swap fluids that way! :wacko:

I'm not 100% sure, but i think it might be a species of tree snail that do this amazing 'dance' at the end of dangling slimeballs in mid air that lasts for hour...

Most frightening of all - I have no idea where I know any of this from! :lol::lol:

L&P

Professor baddad :D

You have another snail - and there will be more coming soon. Livebearing snails don't reproduce anywhere near as fast as most egg laying snails so your aquarium won't be overrun with snails in no time.

Cheers, David! :thumbs:

Hehe, I know Baggy, they're certainly keen aren't they! :o We're gonna be overrun with the slimy critters at this rate. :lol:

~ Mel ~

I was going to say, obviously neither of them ever has a headache....but considering what we've already learnt about their heads, they probably do! :lol:

That's gross!!!!!!! Sorry, I know nature's supposed to e beautiful and all that, but yeuch!! :sick:

Yeah I'd rather watch my Attenborough collection any day. Mind you they have some fairly nasty sequences in them. Some breath taking ones too. The killer whales taking the seals off the beach is amazing (Trials of Life). So is the Great White (Planet Earth) particularly in HD. Going off on rather a side track here though. Sorry. :whistle::whistle:

It's unlikely they'd be doing it by themselves when there are other snails around. It is possible, but it is always better if the young have 2 sets of genes. Although they probably prefer to mate when it is dark and there are no disturbances, so you might not get to see it.

Euuwwwwww :sick:

Amazing what you can discover reading this forum.

I'm not sure what's worse... The thought of them shooting stuff about the place or them having wa-hay too much fun on their own!

:blink::lol:

Hehe, David, that was gross! :sick: These are pond snails, so don't know if they get up to that sort of thing or not. I really want to see where the littlie pops out from. All of a sudden there's a fully developed ickle babie crawling around and I just can't believe they pop that out of their head, it's too big. I wanna see mamma giving birth!! :wacko::blink:

~ Mel ~

Sorry to rain on your parade. But we introduced snails and catfish to our aquarium in the hope they would get to work on the algae. :lol: So they old us :rolleyes: Well the catfish were lazy little critters and the snails were constantly climbing over each other before we knew it their were more snails than fish. :lol: We had 65 fish then the Guppies caught on and we had 85 fish. :unsure: Had to insert a glass barrier for the babies as they ate the first lot :tearful: naughty Guppies.

I remember searching high and low for snails as they multiplied by the hundreds. Just a tiny warning of what WILL eventuate. :lol:

Fxx :)

Edited by Frangipani

Oooooooooo, it's just like the one we have. The ones that have produced, though, are trapdoor snails. :whistle::thumbs:

We don't mind ending up with lots of little ones, well, up to the point! Jay loves his snails much more than he likes the fish. He'd happily have just a tank full of snails and no fish at all. :P

~ Mel ~