pearl

Thrifty Thread!!!

B says

"Don't wear clothes, or you can wear the same set of PJs for a week or so. No underwear, save on laundry."

Shop in Charity shops

G says

"wear black, save on laundry as you only need one wash"

"Eat at other people's houses"

Edited by Bard

I,m a mucky wotsit.......outside alot and me hands get very very dirty..........and feel very rough.So to give them a really good clean I pour a tablespoon of olive oil and a good spoon of sugar into the palms of my hands and rub .It works really well at getting the ingrained muck off.Is less dehydrating than soap and the oil leaves your hands feeling really soft.Try it its brill!

..........and you can,t beat a good old BOGOFF offer at the shops.......I,m a sucker for a buy one get one free :rolleyes:

Any mechanics out there - If you use washing up liquid instead of the olive oil it'll do oil & grease too... much cheaper better than that green stuff you can buy!

I've started using bicarb to clean the bathroom. My supermarket sells it in its eco range. Cheap, non smelly & good for the planet, & it cleans pretty well too. I'm sure I could find it cheaper elsewhere though.

Be a real cheapskate and ring your freinds on their mobile phones so they see your number, hang up just before or as they answer. You will find they will call you back. Use the excuse that "you got cut off" very cunning and also saving you money (i dont think it is advisable to use this all the time as you may end up with no freinds to ring) :bat:

Edited by shortcake

instead of toilet cleaner use supermarket own brand cola and leave in your toilet overnight,leaves it gleaming :thumbs:

Be a real cheapskate and ring your freinds on their mobile phones so they see your number, hang up just before or as they answer. You will find they will call you back. Use the excuse that "you got cut off" very cunning and also saving you money (i dont think it is advisable to use this all the time as you may end up with no freinds to ring) :bat:

i do this to people who are on contract phones :rolleyes:

instead of toilet cleaner use supermarket own brand cola and leave in your toilet overnight,leaves it gleaming :thumbs:

Rola Cola :lol:

Makes you wonder what it does to your stomach lining doesnt it? :o

My tip of the day: dont give up treats just find a cheaper way of indulging yourself. I have a real weakness for glossy mags & I really enjoy them & dont want to give them up, so me & my mate by a couple each month & swap over so we get twice the mags for half the price! They finally end up in the staffroom at work for everyone to enjoy.

Or even cheaper............sneak them in your bag at the hairdressers or doctors, along with the toilet rolls.................... :lol::lol: .

took katie to hairdressers the other day and did just that,not toilet rolls though,nick works at a toilet roll factory!!

Or even cheaper............sneak them in your bag at the hairdressers or doctors, along with the toilet rolls.................... :lol::lol: .

Well I am shocked & appalled .....

you go to the hairdressers?? :P