Clare63

First Offical C.O.O.S Visit

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Connor had his first offical visit from his assigned mentor today and it went really well. He was stressing all morning and went to bed really late last night as he was so anxious, but after a few minutes she actually got him talking !!!!!

She brought him a laptop to borrow (as ours does not have powerpoint) to do an IT assignment for school and got him to unpack it and set it up (a really good ice breaker, he loves his PC's)

She then had a look over what work the school had sent (and was not too impressed at the huge pile of work sheets) and said she would contact the school and ask for a fresh new set and that which are more user friendly.

We had a general chat about how Connor feels about school, his anxieties and his fear of leaving the house. She gave him a couple of sheets about himself to fill out, one where he had to circle how he saw himself and how he felt, all he circled was "sad" anxious" "depressed" and "intelligent" :(

Next visit is Wednesday, I really hope he does not feel so anxious next time, I think he could see she was on our side and was not here to false him into school, but perhaps here to help me his Mum Home Ed, build his confidence and help get him out of the house.

Well I am feeling postive.

Clare x x x

well done connor so glad it went well love donnaxxxx

hi clare so glad it went well bet yr proud of him

speak 2 u soon

love donnaxxxxxx