Sign in to follow this  
bevalee

Lea new school proposal

Hi everyone

Had a phone call today from my case manager at the LEA.

He told me he had wonderful news! In his hand was a 'big glossy brochure' for a fantastic school for AS, as he had managed to get the funding to go into the private sector. He said i would be 'over the moon' and now we won't have to go to tribunal again.

Its is an 'EBD' school in Kent. Apparently they do take kids with AS, i don't know what the success rate is after mixing with all the other kids with their problems! :wallbash:

So tribunal here i come :pray: again!

Hi Bevalee,

My son is starting at an EBD school soon. I've been worrying if it's the right place for him too. He has ADHD and ?AS.

Don't rule it out completely though. I went to look round the school, and all of the staff were great. Excellent attitudes. They had quite a few Aspies there, and the Head said they were all doing well. I could pick out who the Aspies were just by walking around! Bless them. I asked the Head whether they had much trouble between pupils and he said that most of them are so egocentric, they don't worry too much about what everyone else is doing.

I'm going to give it a try.

Good luck,

Loulou x

Edited by loulou

Oh Beverley, >:D<<'>

This is so frustrating for you. :(

At least the funding is there in principle, I suppose, although you are far from getting what you want. Don't give up.

K

Hi

I will go and look at the school, and keep an open mind about it. It does have a very good reputation but i'm still going to tribunal cos maybe i might get the school especially for AS :pray::pray::pray:

My son has ADHD as well LouLou plus dyspraxia and dyslexia. I thought the list wasn't going to stop when he was diagnosed :lol:

Hi

I will go and look at the school, and keep an open mind about it. It does have a very good reputation but i'm still going to tribunal cos maybe i might get the school especially for AS :pray::pray::pray:

My son has ADHD as well LouLou plus dyspraxia and dyslexia. I thought the list wasn't going to stop when he was diagnosed :lol:

wot? No ODD or OCD then? Got off lightly, didn't you? ;):lol:

L&P

BD :devil:

Hi Bevalee,

Of course, the million dollar/pound question...

Is this 'wonderful' new school going to cost less than 'You Know Where'?? :devil:

If the fees are the same, why won't they agree to the school of your choice?

Good luck,

Bidx