JsMum

This forum is a life saver thanks Aspergers ASD UK

wow I am blown away with the replies here, all I was saying was a thankyou for been there for me, and look its open a whole can of blumin worms, from different peoples opinions to morris dancers, where did that come from, well I think I might in future be very careful with what I say in future, the replies have really brought out some very strong points.

JsMum

That would be me with the morris dancers JsMum - my motto should be "never knowingly on topic" :lol: I think this has been a great thread :thumbs:

As as your usual partner in crime, I've enjoyed it as well. Who would have thought that Canopus and I would share a similar interest?

:george: Doesn't his tail look like a fuse? Maybe I need a biscuit.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> Bid, Baddad and J's mum, I'm not upset at all, I was just sharing a slightly different perspective - I can't do that quote thing to get back to relevant posts! I'm a bit of a technophobe I'm afraid! I think you're dead right about how I feel about O BD - Always trying to find the balance between challenging him to learn skills and protect him where he needs protecting. It's such a fine balance. My post yesterday sounded well depressing! It wasn't meant to be but I just find the looking into the future thing very tough.

To get back to what J's mum was originally saying I find this forum a very supportive place to be.

Thankyou >:D<<'>

Elun xx

Elun, I read your post from the opposite direction. When I hear of the issues that you have, and how focused you are on finding out what is the best way forwards, it seems self-indulgent sometimes to talk about B and any of the small stuff that happens with us.

I'm so glad that you don't get angry or judgemental when I talk about his difficulties with homework, or not being able to ride a bike. It would be so easy for you to snarl 'Oh shut up you silly b*tch, may all your problems be so small.

Thank you.

>:D<<'> I never feel like that - I worry about all those sorts of things with W my eldest too! It's just different with O - not always harder - it can work both ways - I don't have any of the heartbreak that parents of higher functioning children have as O has NO idea he's different - not a clue - so he never worries about not fitting in etc. Generally he lives life in the moment, it's me who worries about the future, not him!!

Elun xx