ScienceGeek

Passport Interview

Tomorrow I have a passport interview, all first adult passports require an interview now. I'm really nervous about it. I find it really hard coping with official interviews like this :unsure: Wish me luck! :rolleyes:

Oh crikey, never heard of this, do you know what exactly they are going to ask ????

Good luck SG, I should imagin that with all the people wanting pasports it will be a short interview.

Clare x x x

Utter nightmare! The interview itself wasn't too bad. The journey there on the otherhand was terrible. I had forgotten just how much I hate using the bus, it was only a 30min journey but felt like forever. I was ok when I got on the bus, then several gangs of kids got on the bus and were shouting with their music blaring out of their phones. I was getting a little stressed by that point, I don't get the bus to Cheltenham very often and didn't realise there were changes along the route. I looked up to find we were going past a housing estate that I didn't recognise, I was overloaded and I didn't know where I was. Panic set in and I was already feeling sick as I get travel sick anyway.

In my panic I text Kinda and he tried phoning me but my hearing had shut down by that point and I couldn't really make out what he was trying to say. I pressed the bell to get off at the stop I needed to but the bus driver didn't give me enough time to get down the stairs, he wouldn't let me off the bus. After being mean and not letting me off the bus, I didn't apologise when I was sick on it.

Finally I got to Cheltenham town centre and had to make my way to the Identity and Passport place. I had this nightmare last night that was me looking at this tall building, you can see where it is, but not how to get there. That was pretty much what it was like trying to get there today. I eventually found my way after taking many wrong turnings.

The journey on the way back was ok. Now I'm back home with a cracking headache, feeling wibbly around the edges, and thinking about going back to bed. I wonder if I did go back to bed would it allow me to start the day again?

I wonder if I did go back to bed would it allow me to start the day again?

I dunno, but my sister's having a bad time at the mo and she's just got up and had breakfast, claiming that as breakfast is a morning meal she still has a full day to sort her life out, so the sleep thing is worth a go :rolleyes::wacko:

Do you have Google Earth on your computer? I don't know how good the coverage is for where you are, but I use it to walk through (you can zoom in and change the angles) any new routes I have to take and I also do some screen prints of it as a reminder. I find it really useful. With the bus thing - well I've pretty much given up with buses - it is the screaming loud music teenagers/young adults (no, I'm not having a go at all teenagers . . .) who everyone is too scared to tackle. Could you go by train/taxi/bike? Or try an MP3 player and good headphones? Doesn't block it all out but can make your tolerance better. Or earplugs for a similar effect? :unsure:

Do you have Google Earth on your computer? I don't know how good the coverage is for where you are, but I use it to walk through (you can zoom in and change the angles) any new routes I have to take and I also do some screen prints of it as a reminder. I find it really useful. With the bus thing - well I've pretty much given up with buses - it is the screaming loud music teenagers/young adults (no, I'm not having a go at all teenagers . . .) who everyone is too scared to tackle. Could you go by train/taxi/bike? Or try an MP3 player and good headphones? Doesn't block it all out but can make your tolerance better. Or earplugs for a similar effect? :unsure:

I don't have google earth on my new laptop yet but I did use it on my old one. That is a good idea! As for the MP3 player I was listening to my ipod which made it a little better, I could probably do with buying some better headphones. I can listen to it full blast and it have no effect other than to give me ringing ears later on in the day. :rolleyes:

I could have got the train and walk in, but I figured it would have been more hassle than the bus. That was an incorrect assumption, when I did get the train instead of the bus I was a lot better off for it. Definitely going to get the train from now on!

Edited by ScienceGeek

what did they ask you at the interview?how long did it go on for?

ive never heard of that before

what did they ask you at the interview?how long did it go on for?

ive never heard of that before

Like I said in a comment above the interview procedure is a relatively new thing. It was only introduced sometime last year. The purpose of the interview is basically to confirm that the person is actually the person on the application form, to prevent fraud. They ask you questions that only you would know the answer to. They asked me about my family, where I was born and other stuff. To be honest I don't really remember that much as it went by in a blur.

So, where you going first then?

Not sure yet. The main reason I got it was so that I had ID and we could book the registry office. Probably either New York, Boston or San Francisco.

Oooooh, nice. They are all on my travelling list. I'm going to be one of those pensioners who goes everywhere :thumbs:

There are a lot of places I would like to go. My current list of places is:

- Israel

- Germany

- Poland

- Netherlands

- Japan

- Mauritius (where my grandad was from)

- Canada

I've only been to Amsterdam out of all of those, but its one of my favourite places. I could quite happily live on a houseboat with a cat there.