Sign in to follow this  
Brook

Motion sickness..?

Hi all,

I'm just wondering if anyone else's child or yourself experiences similar..?

My son cannot look up at the ceiling/sky or basically up above him, he says that it makes him feel sick.

Also when we go on escalators he has to look down at his feet and grips the handrail tightly cos he says it makes him sick.

I must admit I'm a little like that myself when looking at the video games they play with the motion of it, but he doesn't seem to

mind these..

don't know why I'm asking really, just curious..

thanks

Brook

I'm the same. I get really bad motion sickness to the point that my dr was giving me anti nausea drugs as I was sick a lot (when I was working and was on the bus 2hrs a day).

Me and my daughter suffer really bad. Everyone says I move like a wooden doll because I can't stand to move my head much. I just cannot turn my head to talk to anyone and it is horrible. Because of this, my fear of heights is awful. My girl is frequently travel sick so she has to have travel sick pills before going on journeys. In the summer it is worse where she can throw just driving round the corner. For myself, I buy antihistermine and it works for me, but I would not recommend taking it unless you speak to your GP, but it has helped me.

Can be a problem with processing in

visual

vestibular

proprioceptive

pathways and can be addressed in most cases. There can be rarely underlying problems and all cases need to be assessed professionally.

In most cases it can be treated immediately by appropriate visual intervention. We address these symptoms every day!