Tally

Back to Work

I go back to work in an hour after 2 weeks off. I really dot want to go back. Within half an hour you feel like you've never been away, and all that relaxing is undone.

The really annoying new person is off tonight and tomorrow, so at least I don't have to deal with that yet.

And I managed to stick some proper black-out blinds right onto my bedroom window, so I will be able to sleep better now. They're too good, I can't get up in the mornings!

It wasn't too bad after all!

Apparently the new guy has been upsetting lots of people. It's not good, but at least it's not just me. I was hoping he might have relaxed a bit while I was off, but he was off sick for most of the time himself.

And I hit my knuckle in exactly the same place I did it just before I was off, so now I have another big bruise in the same place, which is really painful.

But there is good news. They are looking for someone to gradually go around the whole grocery department, section by section, removing every item from the shelf, cleaning the shelves, and putting things back on properly rotated and recording short-dated items. This is absolutely perfect for me, and I could do it by coming in early for my Sunday shift. So I spoke to the manager about it. They wanted someone part time because then they don't have to pay the overtime, but since no one else has offered, they are going to consider me. I would do it for flat rate, since it's easy money really, but I don't know if the computer could handle that :lol: I said, "I'd be very good at it," and the manager said, "yes, I know." So fingers crossed!

Edited by Tally