Paula

He did it and i let him

It was our sons school review last week and a very important one as he is 14 and will be starting gcse ect in septmeber this year....he does attend a special school...........

Anyway to cut a long story short they said that he is more than capable of attending a college course one day a week once it gets to september but he would have to travel independantly.hed go on a bus near our home into the local town to the college....he visits the area regulary and knows the route but hes always with me .............This would make it a lot easier the school said when he gets to 16 and hopefully attends college full time doing a wood work course or IT................Thats his talent............

So i bit the bullet was relay worried fealt sick as he went to the bus stop and got on boards and headed of..........me and me husband went in the car though didnt follow the bus and met up with him in a cafe that he knew and has gone to againe with me loads of times.....we gave him a mobile phone............

Boy was i glad to see him walk through that door................he was so pleased with himself...............i could have cried i was that releived nothing had gone wrong..............onwards and upwards...................basically in a nice enough way the school said hed got the potential to realy excell but mum could hold him back.i cant do that.but it was hard the hardest thing ive had to do ...........he took it all in his stride.............

Edited by Paula

Well done to you, Paula and to your lad, that's a great achievement. :notworthy::thumbs:

basically in a nice enough way the school said hed got the potential to realy excell but mum could hold him back.i cant do that.but it was hard the hardest thing ive had to do ...........he took it all in his stride.............

It's all too easy for schools to 'blame' us parents for holding our children back, but they don't see all the hard work we put in behind the scenes. :angry:

Well done on all your work and on your success. >:D<<'>

~ Mel ~