rach04

we got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the proposed statement that is :thumbs: still sort of numb and of course j doesnt know what the fuss is about. 6 Long years of fighting the system. :wallbash:

Now its the fight to get him in to sn school cause the one they want him to go to is a 45 minute walk and has no unit, but hey ho just feel like half the battle is won.

Thanks to you all that have supported me over the last year and a bit :clap:>:D<<'> >:D<

Edited by rach04

Hello, Congratulations your one step closer. :groupwave:

i'm in a similiar situation. I have had my proposed statement for a while but didn't know what school to choose. I decided to choose the mainstream school my son is in (reluctantly) as he was very anxious about moving. I am still waiting for the LEA to let me know if the school have said they can meet his needs. Good luck with the next level. :thumbs:

racho Congratulations :thumbs: .Take a breather and then get out your fine toothed comb to go through the proposed statement and get it as tight as you can. :D Karen.

Well done! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Horrible, though, that every victory celebration heralds the start of a new battle :wallbash::lol: Good luck with 'phase 2' >:D<<'>

Keep fighting. Keep winning. Keep smiling.

BD :D

Fab news, I'll be comming your way for tips!

Janey

no problem hun. everyone here is soooo special and i wouldnt have done it without their support even my ridiculous questions :rolleyes:

thanks everyone

It doesnt state how many hours though is it supposed to :unsure:

It doesnt state how many hours though is it supposed to :unsure:

Oh very yes!

I feel almost guilty saying that, 'cos the last thing i'd wanna do is pee on your bonfire, but it does need to define hours of 1-1 support (or whatever support is being offered), along with concrete intervals for things like S&LT etc. Even if you are really happy that the current school will provide what's needed and don't actually feel the need for defined hours, getting changes to the statement later on are always harder if you haven't got it all in B&W from the outset...

LEA's love phrases like 'as required' and 'appropriate levels of support', and 'at regular intervals' because they are purely discretionary. They've been slapped on the wrists for it many times at tribunal in just about every county across the UK, but they'll still do it if you don't challenge them :(

Sorry :(>:D<<'>

Rach,

Firstly well done that's great news, secondly if nothing else go on the link Karen provided above where you'll find pages to print off on how to check through, understand, amend etc the propsed statement and above all make sure its specific and not open to interpretation.

Good luck Hun

Clare x x x x

Oh very yes!

I feel almost guilty saying that, 'cos the last thing i'd wanna do is pee on your bonfire, but it does need to define hours of 1-1 support (or whatever support is being offered), along with concrete intervals for things like S&LT etc.

Sorry :(>:D<<'>

gawd no problem nobody could pee on my bonfire at the moment as we have proof that i am not an over protective mum ( as i have been portrayed over the last 6 yrs by pros and family) it does use alot of the phrases so i shall go back and say i need hours. Hes in his transition year and the amount of support they give could be the difference between sn school or home ed thankyou baddad :notworthy: