Sign in to follow this  
steviegirl

is this right?

My grandson has been allowed a few hours tuitio a week. He has been home for eight months. Well the teacher came to see us, talked about herself and her daughters wedding (2 years ago) incessantly. Gave my daughter and me a headache. I kept trying to bring the conversation back to Steven. Asked her if she knew anything about him she said NO!. Also although he has aspergers and ADHD and has only been with his family she said just tell him to get in the taxi and she will be waiting outside the school. I said does she know what he looked like, had to show her a photo. She ia a very nice lady but seemed surprised that Steven gets loud also said there a lot of mostly ADHD, which I know Steven will love as he will go on a roll. We are just going to be positive but already doubts are coming as on his statement he must have one to one most of the time. Don't you think she said the first day that someone should have gone with him and had a look at where he is going to get his tuition and meet the other teachers. Also it would have been more appropriate is she had an outline from LEA about his problems. She said they might be on her computor. What do you all think. Thanks

Hi steviegirl

How insensitive can she be..... :angry::wallbash: You should of complained about this to the school saying she was more interested in herself than your grandson. What is few hrs tuition going to do for him a week, he needs more than that from my point of view, something must be done. Your grandson should of been introduced to her first for a start as it's a new person to him. I bet you and your daughter had to repeat yourself too explaining his history.... :wallbash: She should meet him first not just get in a taxi etc. Cant give you much advice...sorry but take care and hope you get it sorted out very soon

Amanda

Edited by Amanda32