Sign in to follow this  
peaches

Picture/PECS/Symbol needed urgently

I could do with some sort of symbol or sign to keep prompting DGS not to jump on me after my hysterectomy. He does seem to respond well to pictorial cues.

Any ideas fairly quickly, as my op is tomorrow and Im coming home on Sunday.

can you draw? i am no artist for social stories i do drawings and we look at them for routines like getting up to go for school complete with a clock showing times , Could you draw a picture symbolising you with a sore tummy, and with picture of your DGS and a x sign over your tummy , with a x for no jumping sign?

Hi Peaches... I suspect you might have to make that one yourself. Bit 'leftfield' for the standard pecs range, I think.

How about getting a photo of you and drawing (or photoshop-ping if you're up to it) a silhouette of a little person jumping up and down on you with a big red cross/stop sign underneath and the word NO.

Other than that, tie him up until the stitches are out! :devil:

Hope the op goes well and you're feeling better soon :)

:D

Other than that, tie him up until the stitches are out! :devil:

Hope the op goes well and you're feeling better soon :)

:D

tut baddad, lol.

I go on word and then google images get a picture that illistrates the action so hyper kid, might bring some kids jumping in the air, then copy, then paste, on to word, then place in red letters NO Jumping, with a nice big red cross.

I use Widgits now as it can be a long process for everyday situations.

JsMum

How is he with social stories? Tried them before?

How about using google images to find a pic?? :unsure:

How about using two pecs - no jumping & mummy??????

I've seen a daddy with a laminated pecs card glues on his broken ankle saying 'NO jumping!!!' :clap:

Running out of ideas!

Tie him up - lol, that's just cruel. I prefer to staple him to the ceiling...... ;)

You mentioned he likes to jump, well what about an indoor mini trampoline, with a nice big Allowed to jump area.

You can get some good ones now adays with a handle too, but J has a nice big trampoline in the garden, this way you could suggest to him that he can jump but only in the jumping corner, on his mini trampoline.

I really dont know where I would be without a trampoline!

JsMum

thanks everyone. i did a brief story with stick people and used the red circle with a line through to indicate no jumping. i printed off a sheet of widgets and used doctor hospital son daughter etc.

just waiting to go to theatre.