Sign in to follow this  
hedders

Had slt app for younger dd

She has the same identical diffculties as older dd language

Really good comphension slt agrees that this would indicate that she is literal which will come out when she i alot older

Diffculty with processing complex verbal inforamtion but she is still to young to tell if this will cause a problem

Diffulties with all the subtal differences like ;her,she he,him walk, walking etc.. and slt agreed would explain why she doesnt pick up subtle differences with social interaction etc..

also since being under slt for 3yrs she still doesnt use any verbs

Poor expressive language has great diffculty expressing even with pictures decription

doesnt assess the whole picture picks out a small detail

Told slt she can say sentences heard from someone as long as 12 words and it was evident that she still echos but slt said still quite common in children

We had a very long chat about her routines since she was 11months old and that she cant eat with a knife and fork, refuses to brush her teeth and comb hair, dressing, sequencing

I also said that she has the same conversation with people, and her social interaction has always been really good and that she doesnt differente between babies, children and aldults

Anyway i think she was amazed and said we need to see the senco and tell her the same and hopefully dd will be on early years action plus and arrange ed psy to assess her but for now the slt will do some stratiges and targets and give me visual routines for dressing and start a diary between us and nursery

Told the slt dd loves structuve but if the teachers did a observation record would show dd dd does the same things every day in class

Slt said teaching children the subtle differences is one of the hardest things to do

I hope she doesnt put that her sister has a possible language disorder on report as i havent even had that investigated yet that is just my view

HAVE i given too much info im sure i be locked away for mental health soon, cant help talking really indepth terms

Hubby not happy says there passing the buck

Backs what i said to older slt as her tense,past tense prounouns are all jumbled and i told that slt she didnt understand he, him she ,her which now i know is all the subtle

Edited by hedders