Sign in to follow this  
kellyanne

finally the school agree

Hi,

Since J has been back at school, last monday, he has spent a grand total of 10 mins in the class and that was only to watch a video!! I have spoken to his teacher today and got a rough view on the situation, going to have a full meeting on friday. I have also managed to speak to J's Special Teaching Assistant and we got chatting about secondary school (J is in Yr 4) and I mentioned that I couldn't at the moment see J in mainstream secondary school and he agreed with me. :tearful: Things have changed for J at school and since we went on the school trip I now realise how hard it is for him and the teachers. J's teacher has tried without success to get J into class but he point blank refuses and just sits in the library or doing small pieces of work with his STA. With this I questioned what they were doing for him and the teacher has said not a lot but it's again not without trying, it's like I'm using them as a glorified child care centre. I also mentioned to his teacher that I've asked for his school notes and that I'm going to apply for a statatory assessment, and I have to say I was shocked when she said that she would help me and agreed that it was the best thing to do especially with regards to a special needs school. :o Back in november the Ed Psych said that he didn't meet the critirea for a SA but now the teacher has agreed that it's the best thing, I'm thinking that she now agrees that he does. His teacher is also the SENCO. This is good to hear, so now all I have to do is wait till friday for the meeting and see what happens there and what they say.

Hi Kellyanne. :)

You had duplicate threads that were the same.

I have removed one and merged the other two.

This is just the Edit where I took out the duplicated first post.Karen.

Edited by Karen A

I know it's all a lot to take in, but it's really good that the school is in agreement with you, hun >:D<<'>

There is loads of good advice on the forum about going for a Statement, and you know I'm always happy to help in the wee small hours at work (added bonus: we'll be soooo busy we won't have time to chat to anyone else ;) )

Bid >:D<<'>

Don't forget you need to be at mine @ 1730 this evening!!

Edited by bid

On my gosh. I am going through exactly the same thing. Son won't spend any time in the class, he is in year 5 and the school have just told me they don't think he will manage in mainstream. The ed psych has been in to see him and now suspects an asd. The bit about sitting in the library hit home with me as that is what my son prefers to do. When they asked him why he wouldn't go in to class (apart from joining in a karate lesson in the hall) he wrote down on a piece of paper that he didn't know why, just that the doctor needed to sort his head out for him and tell the school what is wrong with him.

On my gosh. I am going through exactly the same thing. Son won't spend any time in the class, he is in year 5 and the school have just told me they don't think he will manage in mainstream. The ed psych has been in to see him and now suspects an asd. The bit about sitting in the library hit home with me as that is what my son prefers to do. When they asked him why he wouldn't go in to class (apart from joining in a karate lesson in the hall) he wrote down on a piece of paper that he didn't know why, just that the doctor needed to sort his head out for him and tell the school what is wrong with him.

Hi Clair,

I asked J why he wouldn't go into class and he says he doesn't know he says there is a reason but he doesn't know what it is

Hi Kellyanne.

You had duplicate threads that were the same.

I have removed one and merged the other two.

This is just the Edit where I took out the duplicated first post.Karen.

Karen thanks for sorting that out I didn't notice my comp was playing up at the time

That's a lot going on hunni

Good to hear the Teacher is on side - though a shock to the system.

Smiley :)

Thanks for the hugs they are needed right now x x

KellyAnne, I think it's a positive that the teacher is in agreement with you. We faced a similar situation recently, and have just found out our youngest DD has been given a place at the special school we wanted. Her teacher in her present class, which is a SN class within a mainstream primary, also agreed that DD needed a placement at a special school. Good luck and thinking of you, big hugs x

hello,

I am one happy :robbie: tonight, had a meeting with the school today and they have said that J now meets the critirea for a SEN but if I wanted them to apply for it I would ahve to wait until september. I said no and that I will apply for it myself sooner rather than later, so now this is the route I'm going down. The school have said they will support me and I also have a lovely friend who has said that she will also help. :):thumbs:

So all systems go.

hello,

I am one happy :robbie: tonight, had a meeting with the school today and they have said that J now meets the critirea for a SEN but if I wanted them to apply for it I would ahve to wait until september. I said no and that I will apply for it myself sooner rather than later, so now this is the route I'm going down. The school have said they will support me and I also have a lovely friend who has said that she will also help. :):thumbs:

So all systems go.

:thumbs::thumbs: I am sure your friend will be very helpful.I hope things go through smoothly. :) Karen.