Sign in to follow this  
durhamlass

How on earth do you get over change?

It happens all the time!

It was Niamhs first day back at school today, and from the moment she woke up and ate out of the bin :tearful: she has been screaming, lashing out and shouting...

I have a visual timetable for her, set out all her clothes and breakfast, as I know these are often triggers, but still we have had a morning/ afterschool from hell...

Days like this make me want to cry, she is infront of the TV now trying to relax. I am just going to leave her there for a while as she is so uptight.

Any advice welcome!

x

leave her as long as possible is my advice, and revel in every minute! On my ds`s DLA form, where it says, over and over, how many minutes do you spend each day on....? I put, every waking minute!!!! so therefore every minute you dont hvae to is a bonus!! Enid

i dont even speak to my son when hes as bad as that

Dont even walk past him!! xx

I line up a drink, crisps, tv on, and leave him, at least an hour xxxx

Lisa

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

when my son goes off on one i also leave well alone even looking at him let alone dareing to speak can re start the rage and agro..........

My son likes to sit with teh xbox and be totally ignored.........he soon comes round.

As for the getting them of to school carry on been there so so many times especialy when my son was younger anything would set him of and mean he wouldnt get into the taxi/bus if it was late,if it arrived and he hadnt got his shoes on if his breakfast was served wrongly...anything and wam hed be of ranting and i couldnt get him out the house.............luckily i was a stay home mum and would just think sod it and let him saty home and try againe the next day and make sure i didnt do or get anything wrong so hed leave.Now at 14 i make sure he gets up as late as possible so like someone said hes not got as much time for things to go wrong on him.

Edited by Paula

i dont even speak to my son when hes as bad as that

Dont even walk past him!! xx

I line up a drink, crisps, tv on, and leave him, at least an hour xxxx

Lisa

That's exactly what I do! I'm having terrible trouble with Ben at the mo with tantrums and weeping before and after school. I'm sure it's because they are gearing up for end of KS2 SATs and he's feeling the pressure.

I let him know where I am, but I line up food for him to wade through and he has Cartoon Network on and that's it... I try to avoid any confrontation until he's calmed down.

Flo'

i try to do that with reece but he focuses his stress and kicking biting scratching on me so he launches himself at me and clings onto me wish i could just leave him to calm down ive even locked myself in the bathroom and sat bawling my eyes out but he then starts on shan so i hav to intervein

sorry im no help

love donnaxxxx

Take her in with you next time, thats what I do with my 2 youngest, I get them in my room and put a wedge behind door, and put tv on and sit it out. Enid