rocketgob

Stimming?

DS finger fiddles A LOT - not his own fingers, only mine or DH's - he digs his nails in our nails and bends our fingers - has anyone experienced this and are there any alternatives that anyone has found?

My son used to do this occasionally, he is older than your son. I explained to him it was sore and he rarely does it now....he just fiddle fingers on my bathroom instead :lol:

Try a Koosh ball with him. My sons OT gave him one to stop an attack of the fiddle fingers when he was at school...unfortunately his teacher had other ideas and felt punishment was a better to stop it!

Thanks for that. I saw somewhere on youtube a lady who uses ribbons and plastic chains(!) for her son's stimming - has anyone tried the ribbons? Not too sure about the plastic chains :o

My son had silky ribbons when he was younger up until the age of about 6, we,ve also used twirlers ...like a ring of plastic that bends and twists, and we,ve used squeezy balls too, they,ve helped alot at school during floor time etc.He,s older now and does,nt use stuff like this as much .