Sign in to follow this  
judellie

Teacher's strike tomorrow!

My son's school, in it's wisdom, have decided that only the children in the striking teacher's classes stay off tomorrow, so half the school goes and the other half stay at home.

M came home in foul mood today, he has to go in. He hates school at the best of times and one of his 'things' is everything has to be fair. How can you argue that that is fair. He was swearing like mad and has stated catagorically that he is not going to school tomorrow. In his words ' why the hell should I be stuck in that f@@@ing place when half the kids are having fun at home'.

Don't the school realise the stress that this causes. Husband is out early tomorrow and I can't physically get him out the house if he doesn't want to. I guess I shall be ringing the school saying why he won't be in tomorrow: and to be honest I can't disagree with him this time. Personally I feel that if the school is open all pupils should go, if they can't staff everyone then the school should be closed.

What would you do, let your s or d have the day off or force them to go and suffer the consequences.

Jude xx

It's pay. Luckily my son's school only has one striking teacher (and it's not his) or I don't know what I'd do. I assume they've got some kind of cover for the absent teacher.

K x

All 3 of my boys schools are shut because of the strikes today, the school where I work is open to GCSE students but as I have no childcare I cannot go to work.

I am also looking after another 5 year old today.

All four of our kids are off today.

I agree absolutely about the 'half-closed' issue. I think in your position I would have kept him at home.

Simon

Edited by mossgrove

It's actually worked well for my son as the other class in his open plan classroom is not there today so hopefully he'll have a calmer day. Less children at school is generally a good thing for him as he fidns alrger numbers difficult to manage. He was very confused though why some classes were shut today

Lx

Total choas in our house......Eldest DD's primary school has half opened, depending on what teacher your child has. Eldest DD's teacher is striking so she's off. Youngest DD's primary school has entirely closed. DS's secondary school has only opened to two year groups, including his, because they are due to take their SATS. He's not impressed, because he's been told all his teachers will be striking, so they will revising or having supply teachers.