Sign in to follow this  
jilly78

will he ever talk??

my son lewis is 2.5 and is non verbal. doesnt say any words at all. just wondering if anyone has an older child that still is non verbal or do all kids eventually start talking at some stage. im desperate to hear my wee boy talk. its heartbreaking not hearing him call me mummy.

many thanks

It's too early to tell is the short answer.

Our son (now 8) was completely non-verbal at 2.5 and now speaks relatively well, even though is diction isn't always clear.

Early intervention is important though. Does he recieve any speech or commuication therapy?

Simon

Edited by mossgrove

My son is completely non-verbal at age 5 (six this July), he does make sounds/loud noises but not words and I am too desperate to hear the word 'Mummy' from him....or any other words!

At 2.5 years, I would say don't worry too much as lots of NT children don't talk until later on......don't give up hope! :)

Lisa xx

Edited by ellisisamazing

P was almost nonverbal until he was 4. He spent 3 years in a speech and language unit until he was 7. By that stage he was talking nonstop (only about his favourite subjects, of course!!) and was moved back to mainstream. Dont give up hope.

M was pretty much non verbal until the age of 2.5.

He is nearly 8 now and chats away.

Early intervention is really important.

Take care

Forbsay